Diacritics on url

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint Diacritics on url

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #15665
      Říha Michal
      Participant

      Hi Alexander,
      I found a strange behavior with DFFS (February_01, 2017) when site url contains diacritics (in czech language = ěščřžýáíé). DFFS is not working, it ends on overlay timeout and after click on page it is shown blank form (Save and Cancel buttons only). I use SharePoint Online.
      I can remember that you solve it in the past.
      Is it possible to fix it?
      Michal

    • #15714
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

      Hi,
      I tested now by adding a list named “TěstList” to my site. In the list “SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint” the config is stored as “/lists/tstlist/newform.aspx” and all works as it should.

      How does it look in your setup and what error messages do you see in the developer console?

      Best regards,
      Alexander

    • #15721
      Říha Michal
      Participant

      Hi Alexander,
      maybe I have a clue – I use manally specified location for configuration list. It is in root of web collection (/sites/PWA) and list with DFFS is in subweb (/sites/PWA/TěstList).

      I have this variable: var dffs_configListBaseUrl = “/sites/pwa”; in both DFFS_frontend_CEWP.html and DFFS_backend_CEWP.html.
      The config is stored as “/lists/LISTNAME/editform.aspx” in https://xy/sites/pwa/Lists/SPJSDynamicFormsForSharePoint/

      Error message from developer console is: “It is not possible to read charAt for non-defined or null link” (see attached picture).

      Url “https://xy/sites/pwa/Test diakritiky ě š č ř ž ý á í é/” is encoded as “https://xy/sites/pwa/Test%20diakritiky%20%C4%9B%20%C5%A1%20%C4%8D%20%C5%99%20%C5%BE%20%C3%BD%20%C3%A1%20%C3%AD%20%C3%A9/”

      Thanks and best regards

      Michal

    • #15819
      Říha Michal
      Participant

      Hi Alexander,
      may I ask you for uncompressed version? I will try to debug myself.

      Michal

    • #15826
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

      Hi,
      Sorry for the delay. I have fallen a bit behind on emails and forum posts. You can use http://www.cleancss.com/javascript-beautify/ to unpack the file. The function you most likely need to check is “getPageId”.

      I have tested it here with a list named “Test diakritiky ě š č ř ž ý á í é”, but have the config in the same site so this might be an issue. My list URL looks like this after I have created this list “/DFFS/Lists/Test%20diakritiky/NewForm.aspx”. Maybe your URL accepts different characters because of language settings in your SharePoint instance?

      Please let me know what you find, and I’ll fix it if you find the cause.

      A possible fix / workaround it so always use a “internal name” of only English characters when creating a list, and then rename the display name of the list afterwards. You may also rename the list in SharePoint Designer to fix the problem.

      Best regards,
      Alexander

    • #28730
      Martin Čuchran
      Participant

      Hi Alexander,

      i had similar issue and found out that problem is with unescape() in function getPageId . I have replaced unescape() with decodeURIComponent() in getPageId and it works without errors now.

      Best regards,
      Martin

    • #28736
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

      Thanks for the feedback, I’ll look at it and see if I can make these changes in the next version.

      Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.