DFFSID/Import

Forums General discussion DFFSID/Import

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tricia S.
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

I’m going to be be copy and pasting items from excel to the SharePoint list, but I’m using Quick edit. I’m doing it this way becuase I want to create a lot of items at once. It does bypass the logic for the forms but its okay since I’m doing I can make it match all the logic and rules. (I would never let my users do this) the only thing I can’t figure out it how to fill in the _vLookupID or the _DFFSID using this method I’d like to just have an excel formuala that adds 1 to the count and just copy and paste it in there with the rest of the data.

I guess I’m asking how does DFFS pick those IDs? Is there an excel formula I could use to create them?

Thanks,
      Tricia

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The value in the field is by default the timestamp in milliseconds for when it was created in the _DFFSID field, and the user id and the timestamp in the _vLookupID field, but you can just make up a number for the first one – like 123456789 and then add 1 for each new item – the only think you must keep in mind is that the values must be unique in this list.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.