DFFS works on Discussion Replies but not Original Post item

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS works on Discussion Replies but not Original Post item

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Kessy Similien
      Participant

I’m trying to set up dffs in a discussion list. I’ve set it up in the new, disp, and edit forms.

I’m experience a strange behaviour where DFFS will activate on the display form only for discussion replies, but not on discussion posts. The overlay still shows up but then the normal form just renders with no link to the back end. I don’t have any rules set up or anything that would prevent it from working so I’m kind of lost.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Which version of SharePoint are you using?

I did a quick test on a discussion board in in SP2013, and it seems the JSLink loading will not work. I have not looked further into this issue.

Alexander

Kessy Similien
      Participant

Hi Alex,

I am using SP2010 Standard.

Thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It’s caused by the fact that the root of a discussion is a folder content type. The same is true for a summary task. I’ll fix this in the next revision of DFFS during next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alexander

Kessy Similien
      Participant

Hey Alex,

I’m trying the August 11, 2016 release, version 4.3.73 and I’m still seeing the same behaviour with discussion groups.

I launch the page, the overlay shows for a few seconds then the normal edit form.

I don’t get the link at the bottom of the form to enter the DFFS setup.

Thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Are you using the JSLink installation method on SP 2013? – if so, you must ensure the field is added to all content types in the list.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I saw in your previous comment that you use SP 2010 – do you see any errors in the dev console (hit F12 > Console)?

Alexander

Kessy Similien
      Participant

I’m on SharePoint 2010 so I’m using the CEWP and linking that to the front-end.html page.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Do you see any errors in the dev console (F12 > Console)?

It sound like maybe the “folder detection” is a bit off on SP 2010 – I’ll look into it.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I checked with a SP 2010 dev site, but cannot reproduce. Could you post a few screenshots (or email them to me) so I can ensure I’m at the correct spot?

Alexander

Kessy Similien
      Participant

Yea i’ll email them to you in a second, thanks.

Kessy Similien
      Participant

Would it matter if it’s a customised edit form? Could that be the issue?

Looking at the code I see a switch for

fUrl += /NewForm.aspx …
      fUrl += /EditForm.aspx …
      fUrl += /DispForm.aspx …

The current edit form would have a new name like EditForm2.aspx so maybe that’s the issue.

I’m going to revert back to the default form and see how things work.

Kessy Similien
      Participant

That was the issue. I was using a custom form so the script wasn’t running for it. I reverted back to default and now everything works fine.

Thanks for looking into this issue!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out. Customized forms are unfortunately not supported.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.