DFFS workflow to send an email when a due date is reached

Forums Modern DFFS DFFS workflow to send an email when a due date is reached

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jorah Lavin
      Participant

I am working on a new form in SP Online and using DFFS to enable workflow. I’m willing to use Automate for this feature, though, if I can’t find a DFFS solution. 

The team using the form is asking for a review/reminder email to be sent 3 months after the creation of a given list item. They’re happy to set a Due Date, or (my preference) I’d like to find a way to write the date automatically… that part (setting the future date) seems likely to be easy, though my experiments last week were unsuccessful. The hard part is figuring out how to either pause the DFFS workflow for three months, then have it wake up long enough to send the reminder email and then quit… or possibly have it wake up each night to check if the due date has been reached. 

The reason I’m thinking about Automate is that I can imagine a way to have a workflow run once a day, say at 3 a.m., checking all records to see if the Due Date has been reached yet, and sending email for whichever items have reached Due Date in the previous 24 hours. 

Since DFFS is running on item save or item open, I don’t know how to make it work outside those open/save options. 

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The modern DFFS does not have the ability to pause an email message so you must set up a custom FLOW that triggers like you suggested and checks the due date on each item to see if it matches “today – 90 days” and then send an email.

The FLOW must be set up directly on the list so it doesn’t really involve DFFS at all.

Alexander

Jorah Lavin
        Participant

Thank you, sir! I’m going to dive into Power Automate to see if I can figure this out.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.