DFFS not finding the SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint configuration list

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint DFFS not finding the SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint configuration list

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 4 years, 4 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #6759

    Jeff Law
    Participant

    I have just found the DFFS Product and have downloaded the v4.200 version to test out.

    Unfortunately I seem to be having a basic problem with either the installation, or running it for the first time, as the overlay shows “This took forever”.

    When I use the IE F12 function to debug, I notice that there are 2 network 500 errors as follows:
    `<?xml version=’1.0′ encoding=’utf-8′?><soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi=’http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance’ xmlns:xsd=’http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema’ xmlns:soap=’http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/’><soap:Body><GetListItems xmlns=”http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/”><listName>SPJS-DynamicFormsForSharePoint</listName><query><Query xmlns=””><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Title’ /><Value Type=’Text’>/lists/jslcompanies/newform.aspx</Value></Eq></Where></Query></query><viewFields><ViewFields xmlns=””><FieldRef Name=”ID”/><FieldRef Name=”Title”/><FieldRef Name=”blob”/><FieldRef Name=”Author”/></ViewFields></viewFields><rowLimit>100000</rowLimit><queryOptions><QueryOptions xmlns=””><IncludeMandatoryColumns>FALSE</IncludeMandatoryColumns></QueryOptions></queryOptions></GetListItems></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

    <?xml version=’1.0′ encoding=’utf-8′?><soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi=’http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance’ xmlns:xsd=’http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema’ xmlns:soap=’http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/’><soap:Body><GetListItems xmlns=”http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/”><listName>SPJS-DynRequiredSettings</listName><query><Query xmlns=””><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Title’ /><Value Type=’Text’>/lists/jslcompanies/newform.aspx</Value></Eq></Where></Query></query><viewFields><ViewFields xmlns=””><FieldRef Name=”ID”/><FieldRef Name=”Title”/><FieldRef Name=”blob”/><FieldRef Name=”Author”/></ViewFields></viewFields><rowLimit>100000</rowLimit><queryOptions><QueryOptions xmlns=””><IncludeMandatoryColumns>FALSE</IncludeMandatoryColumns></QueryOptions></queryOptions></GetListItems></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

    At what point during the installation process, does the configuration list get created? Or should it be the first time that it is run?

    As far as I am aware, I have followed the set up instructions through completely with only one difference… I use the SiteAssets library rather than creating a new library, where I put all the files.

    I am running on Office 365, and have tried IE 11, Firefox, and Chrome. And I have tried it on two tenants that I have for Office 365. Always with the same result.

    Regards
    Jeff

  • #6760

    Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

    Hi,
    We have sorted this out by email, but for others experiencing the same:

    As you have found, this behavior occurs when you have not configured the form with DFFS yet, and therefore no configuration is found. The overlay will time out with “this took forever”, but you can scroll down to the bottom of the form to find the “Enhanced with DFFS” button. When you have saved the configuration, the overlay should behave properly.

    Hope this helps,
    Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.