DFFS intall on SP 2007 list

Forums General discussion DFFS intall on SP 2007 list

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Carl E Tippins
      Participant

On our Dev site we have a list that was created when we were on SP 2007. The site has been updated to SP 2010. When I installed DFFS 4.365 I got an error message saying it looked like we were using SP 2007 and to add the List ID code to the DFFS_frontend_CEWP.html file.
      I added the script — _spPageContextInfo={“pageListId”:”{64EFA99B-322A-49AD-AC5B-8B4F611F7969}”} — as indicated in the instructions, but the DFFS forms won’t load. (I had already updated the urls on the CEWP to the new links as indicated on the instructions.)
      Short of rebuilding the list, is there anything else that can be done to fix the problem.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

In SP 2010 the variable “_spPageContextInfo” should already be present in the page, and adding the SP2007 code example to the page would not work (and might interfere with other features)

Does the list have the default forms, or has it been modified in SharePoint Designer? Do you see any errors in the dev console (hit F12 > Console)?

Try typing this in the dev console and hitting enter:

_spPageContextInfo

How does the output look like?

Alexander

Carl E Tippins
      Participant

The “_spPageContextInfo” did display the ListID information correctly.
      After I verified the ListID was present, and while I still had the Console open, I opened DFFS edit mode and cancelled out of it again and I got the attached error.
      I have another list using the same dffs files. I opened it with the Console open, and did not receive any errors.

Attachments:
      Carl E Tippins
      Participant

I’ve figured out the problem.
      There was an issue with one of the Rules. DFFS v4.365 handled a rule differently than DFFS v4.2. After I fixed the rule, the forms loaded.

Thank you for your help Alexander!!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.