DFFS in SharePoint 2019

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS in SharePoint 2019

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Grant
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m trying to setup the same DFFS forms in SP2019 that I had in SP2010 and so far have been succesful in getting the data over and DFFS working but I’m finding the form layout is quite different in SP2019(with the same settings) than it is in SP2010.

In SP2010 the fields fill the width of the form so when the SBS has 4 columns and the next SBS (row) below has only 3 columns both rows spread out to fill the form width but in SP2019 they don’t do the same they look all misaligned and not very nice to look at.

Anybody any pointers on where to look to sort it out, I’ve tried removing and editing the custom CSS but it doesn’t really help.

Cheers

SteveE
      Participant

First make sure the Side by Side settings box “Stretch side by side fields…” is checked.

Second make sure you are using the latest dffs. I found some errors a couple of versions ago that Alexander fixed.

Finally, it is a lot of trial and error with the css. Here’s some sample css that you can play around with that works to remove the orphaned lines.

.ms-formlabel{
          width:190px!important;
      }
      .sbs_tdIndex_1{
          width:325px!important;
      }
      .sbs_tdIndex_2{
          min-width:250px!important;
      }
      .sbs_tdIndex_2 .ms-formlabel{
          max-width:125px!important;
      }
      .sbs_tdIndex_3{
          max-width:290px!important;
      }
      .sbs_tdIndex_3 .ms-formlabel{
          width:125px!important;
      }
      .sbs_tdIndex_4{
          max-width:290px!important;
      }
      .sbs_tdIndex_4 .ms-formlabel{
          width:125px!important;
      }
      • This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by SteveE.
      • This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by SteveE.
      Phil Grant
      Participant

Thanks, I’ll give them a try, unfortunately the “Stretch side by side fields…” didn’t do the trick 🙁

Phil Grant
      Participant

I had a good mess around with the CSS stuff and inspecting elements with Dev mode and finally sorted it out, you examples helped me to sort it out so thanks.

One thing I’ve learned is that you can edit he CSS styles live in Dev mode to see what it looks like then put it in the custom CSS tab, I didn’t know that.

SteveE
      Participant

Sweet! Yeah it’s a lot of trial and error and using the dev definitely helps along with inspecting the elements and trying different options (min/max). Defining the .ms-formlabel helped me out a lot too. That used to not matter so much but with recent changes in the browsers it’s been necessary.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.