DFFS Forms not Working

Forums General discussion DFFS Forms not Working

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      HYM
      Participant

Hi Alex, i am doing some development of SharePoint 2016 forms using dffs everything was working fine till yesterday, after updating SharePoint servers dffs forms stopped working i can log to the form and the rules are working fine but when i try to save the form it will not redirect and trigger the workflows, but if i go to the list where i am creating the item i can see a new item created but the workflows are not triggered. same solution on different farm with different sharepoint 2016 enterprise update the forms are working fine any idea?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hit f12 and look at the console for errors. If there are none, I suspect you have some kind of validation error in a field that is hidden (not part of any tab in your form) – you can go to the Misc tab and activate “Show orphan fields in a separate tab” in the Tab section.

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

Hi Aelx, i checked the console and if there is any required field hidden, but what i’ve found that when i click save the item is saved in the list but i am not redirected to the list and the workflows are not triggered on the created item!!
      what’s this bug?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Have you set up any custom js to redirect on save? – maybe there is something wrong in your custom code?

If you don’t use any custom js, please try to disable DFFS temporarily to ensure it works as it should when DFFS is not loaded.

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

Hi Alex, this bug is still appearing! the forms worked after updating the servers but after 1 week this issue started to happen again. i am using spjs.dffs.triggerSave() to save the form.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’s unfortunately hard to tell what could be the cause without looking at it. If you disable DFFS (uninstall for this form – it will not delete the config and it will pop back in when you reinstall) an try saving the default form – does it work as expected?

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

Hi Alex, after debugging the error and doing a deep investigations i have noticed that there is a service in SharePoint server called “Service Bus Message Broker” it’s responsible to communicate btw the SharePoint server and workflow manager server, this service was disabled somehow so when a spd2013 workflow is published on a list the save functionality on this list will not work properly and redirect you once u click on save, the item is created but the workflows will not be triggered. so to fix this issue i had to re-start the service and make sure it’s running.
      hope this info will help someone else!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out – and thanks for sharing!

Alexander

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.