DFFS Email Alert

Forums Classic DFFS DFFS Email Alert

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul Lynch
      Participant

Hi Alexander,

I am trying to end emails from my DFFS form. But if I use a shared mailbox address or resource account, the emails never seem to reach their destination. Which is a shame as the email appears to come from “SP” not from a shared mailbox like in FLOW (Power Automate).

WORKS:
      User email address – username@mydomain.com
      Also {Author} and {Currentuseremail} work

DOESNT WORK
      Shared mailbox example – sharedmailbox1@mydomain.com
      Resource Account – RA-DEPT-BLAH1@mydomain.com

Separate Note on not using REST api:

We are about to retire SP2010 workflows in our organisation. So I guess I can no longer use a custom list with workflow to send E-Mails? As you have to use platform type SP2010? When setting up the workflow.

SP 2013 workflow will only send emails to valid members of the organization

Wanted to confirm the limitations of the platform.

I guess we should just setup a FLOW (Power Automate) to trigger when the item is modified and build in the logic in that platform?.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Not sure exactly why sending to a shared mailbox doesn’t work, but it could be the email server that rejects the message.

Regarding FLOW: You can either set up a FLOW to trigger directly on the list (and remove all DFFS emails), but you can also just replace the list workflow in the DFFS_EMail list with a FLOW that does the same as your old WF did.

Alexander

Paul Lynch
      Participant

Thanks Alexander, I like this idea, great!

but you can also just replace the DFFS_EMail list with a FLOW that does the same as your old WF did.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.