Deleted the new item form in error

Forums Classic DFFS Deleted the new item form in error

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Andra Mitchell
      Participant

I deleted my new item form in error. Is there anyway to retrieve the new item form? When I attempt to access the NewForm via configurations, a popup message displays: DFFS Installer – run initial setup. This is the first time you access the DFFS installer, or you have updated DFFS to a new version. Click the button to complete the setup. I have other DFFS list that open in the backend without receiving that message.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You can click the “Enhanced with DFFS” link to enter setup and then click the Export, import and restore tab > Brower restore points and deleted configurations.

Not sure why you get the error message in the DFFS installer, but ensure you are actually loading the correct installer (the correct URL) – if you have mulitiple DFFS installations (on the root site and in a subsite for example) your form might have been installed with another DFFS installer.

If this is the case, go to your primary DFFS installer and uninstall / reinstall DFFS in this form / list.

Alexander

Andra Mitchell
      Participant

Thank you. I followed the instructions outlined above however when I went to the Export, import and restore tab and selected Browse restore points and delete configuration, the delete option is grayed out.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure I understand. The Delete button you see in the “Browse restore points and deleted configurations” is used to permanently delete a config and not to restore it. You cannot permanently delete the green colored items as these are the current configurations.

Alexander

Keith Hudson
      Participant

Andra, you said you deleted your “new item form in error”. Do you mean that you deleted the NewForm.aspx on your list accidentally? That is a SharePoint issue, and you would need to restore or recreate your NewForm.aspx on the list before using DFFS on that form.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.