Delete vLookup Item

Forums General discussion Delete vLookup Item

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      HYM
      Participant

hi alex, did you update the dffs with the fix for the vLookup when we delete an item form vLookup it will redirect us to an error page?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not sure exactly what you mean:
      – how are you deleting the item – with code, or by DispForm or EditForm banner button?
      – is this a list item or a document?
      – what kind of error page are you referring to?

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

check this Alexander, you shared with us this fix before i want to know if you’ve included this fix any new dffs version

delete-child-item-in-dialog-without-refreshing-parent

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I see. I haven’t added this as a default override for the delete function and I’m not 100% sure it is a god idea. What this workaround to is to override a builtin SharePoint method – and that method might change in a later update to SP.

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

yes but why when i delete a vLookup item i will be redirected to another page? i want to stay on the parent item page.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This is unfortunately how SharePoint does it by default. I forgot to mention another possible issue with adding this code to override the delete: it will not support cascading delete (when you have connected parent and child with a lookup column relationship).

Using this code in Custom JS of your child form is of course still OK, but I cannot add it as a default override because I’m afraid it might cause other unforeseen consequences.

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

okay thanks.
      For the new dffs version i am facing a problem with Dffs_loader and Dffs-loader_overlay.
      the license is not working and the logo of the loading form i’ve changed it before now is not working.
      any idea?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Do you see any errors in the developer console (hit F12 > Console) when loading the form?

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

no errors found in the console!

HYM
      Participant

What i am modifying: dffsLoaderOverlayText and dffs_master_licensecode
      correct?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you show me the error message you get?

Have you installed DFFS in the root of the site collection, or in a subsite? – maybe you must use the DFFS installer to reinstall DFFS to ensure the loader pulls the files from the correct location.

Alexander

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.