Default “Title” column not being shown

Forums Classic DFFS Default “Title” column not being shown

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeremy Acker
      Participant

Hoping Alex or someone may be able to point me in the right direction. Unfortunately I can’t provide screen shots due to having to submit this on my personal laptop as the site is blocked on my work computer.

I’m currently running v4.4.5.40 on SP 2016 which I’ve had no issues with.

This week, it seems my company pushed an update potentially which has caused some issues with the way the DFFS form is displaying.

The “Title” field which I renamed to “Reference #” in the form displays as “Title” and instead of a text box, in red text states “This field has been deleted or is not in the current content type.”

When I check the DFFS config page, it properly shows it as “Reference#” and doesn’t show any errors.

I’ve tried reuploading all of the DFFS files to my sharepoint, and have reinstalled the forms but have been unable to delete everything and make a fresh loader as they also made it so when I select “New Web part Page” it takes me to make a “New Basic page”

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions or has encountered anything similar before, it would be greatly appreciated.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The “This field has been deleted or is not in the current content type” message most likely means that the field is not in the content type you are currently using.

Go to List Settings > Advanced Settings and ensure Allow management of content types is set to “Yes” (if it is No you must turn it on temporarily, but can change it back to No again after this procedure is done).

Now you can go back to list settings and under “Content types” click on the content type you want to address (most likely “Item”).

If the Title field is not shown you can click the “Add from existing site or list columns” at the bottom of the list of fields and under “List columns” find the Title field and add it to the content type.

When this is done you can turn off handling of content types again if it was initially set to “No”.

Alexander

Jeremy Acker
        Participant

Thanks Alex! That was the issue. Somehow it got updated to “hidden.”

Appreciate the help even if it wasn’t a DFFS issue.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback – I’m glad you got it fixed.

Alexander

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.