Custom Scripting

Forums Modern CEWP Custom Scripting

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kasey
      Participant

Alex,

Is this what you were working on to allow the use of DFFS on sites where custom scripting is disabled or is that still in the works?

SteveE
      Participant

Can’t you just enable it in the admin center? That’s what I did.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi Kasey,
      Sorry for not replying – the email notification on my site broke after an update and I didn’t catch your question.

No, this is a replacement for the classic CEWP for use in modern SP, but it will not let you use DFFS in a site where custom scripting is disabled (because it uses the classic SharePoint forms and these are also disabled when scripting is disabled).

If you need to enable custom scripting you can do it like this: https://spjsblog.com/2021/11/03/enable-scripting-in-a-sharepoint-site-collection-using-powershell/

I’m currently working on a new DFFS for the modern experience – it is not yet ready, but I hope to have a BETA out within a month.

Alexander

Kasey
      Participant

To be clear. You are working on an install and usage package that does NOT require custom scripting to be enabled, correct?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Yes, that is correct – it is a SPFx app that is installed in the app-catalog. It does not require custom scripting as it exclusively targets the modern experience (it requires that the list view is in modern experience).

Alexander

Kasey
      Participant

Thank you Sir. That is what I understood from a previous email but wanted to confirm.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.