Cross-browser compatibility

Forums Classic DFFS Cross-browser compatibility

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      DevAmb
      Participant

Is DFFS compatible with Firefox?
      I’m having trouble opening pages that, for example in Chrome, are quick to open.

I would appreciate help.

Error loading: /SPJS/DFFS/js/DFFS_frontend_min.js

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Firefox should work, but I suggest you update your DFFS Installer to V2 and reinstall DFFS in your lists because the V1 installer / loader sometimes fails to load the files.

You find the installation manual here: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-installation-manual/#InstallDFFS

Alexander

DevAmb
      Participant

Hi.

I installed v2 and in Firefox I have these errors. Can you help, please. Thanks.

Attachments:
      DevAmb
      Participant

Hi.

I have the following:

jQuery v1.12.4
      SPJS-utility v1.348

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m unfortunately not able to recreate this using the latest version of Firefox. Is this happening in all your forms, or only this DispForm?

Alexander

DevAmb
      Participant

Hi.

It happens in DispForm and EditForm, in Firefox and Edge.

When the page loads after logging in to sharepoint, it gives sp.js loading errors, but I’m calling the functions with the “ExecuteOrDelayUntilScriptLoaded” statement.
      I can’t understand why Chrome loads js files well and other browsers don’t.
      My Firefox version is 76.0.1.
      My Chrome version is 83.0.4103.97.
      My Microsoft Edge version is 42.17134.1038.0.

I load “fabricmenuicons” and they come with jquery.min.js (jQuery v1.10.2), then later i load jquery from dffs.

Is it the order of the jquery declaration or another file perhaps?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

What are you loading using ExecuteOrDelayUntilScriptLoaded? – I thought this was a clean install of DFFS?

Alexander

DevAmb
      Participant

Hi,

I don’t know if I understand what you’re asking. I just indicated that I use ExecuteOrDelayUntilScriptLoaded to load functions, because in Firefox there is an error loading sj.js.
      They are functions that check permissions and groups associated with the logged in user or functions that write simple html.

I installed DFFS v2 and started giving errors saying that it was necessary to have version +1.26 of SPJS-utility.js. The error has no reason to be because my version is 1.348. I reversed and stopped giving this error warning.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure, but I suspect you might have an older version of DFFS (or only SPJS-Utility loaded in this form from a previous customization).

Please try using the DFFS installer and then hit the red “Remove ALL Content Editor Web Parts from this form” button to clear all custom Content Editor Web Parts from this form.

Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.