Create a look up within its own List

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Create a look up within its own List

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael V. Green
      Participant

Is it possible to have a vLookup where you have a tab and it shows the last 10 entries within the same list of the NewForm. What I would like to do is on the NewForm when I am assigning a case to an employee, I see the last pending assignments. So in a perfect world, it would show me the last 10 list entries where [Status] = “Assigned/Pending”. I cant seem to figure this one out.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I’m not sure I understand exactly what you mean. If you want to show the unassigned items from the same list as the NewForm – is this to pick one of the unassigned cases to assign to the employee? – if so, I don’t see how you could do that when only using one list. Please give me some more details about what you are trying to achieve.

Alexander

Michael V. Green
      Participant

After further research, i believe you’re right and this can’t be done. However, if i can explain it a little better: within the List “Assignments” each entry has a case# and an employee(PeopleGroups). When i go to the NewForm i want a tab that shows the last 5 assignments with the employees that were assigned previously so an employee doesn’t get doubled up. And if i was going to double up cases on an employee, I would want to assign that employee a case in the same District(which is a field). – Thanks again for all you do. And don’t go crazy about this, it’s more of a nice to have.

Mike

AdamP
      Participant

This would be possible with standard vLookup wouldn’t it?

Add a new vLookup column and then build a vlookup query to look at the same list (list:Assignments filter fields:assigned/pending etc), choose the fields (Employee, District) to display. Sort by ID descending and set the row limit to 10.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Yes, it can be done – no problem, but I didn’t understand what Michael would use it for. If it’s for looking at the latest assignments to avoid adding to many to the same person it will work.

Just use the current list display name or guid in the “List GUID, display name or URL name” and build a query where you filter on your status field being Assigned/Pending.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.