Copy Site

Forums Classic DFFS Copy Site

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

is there a way to copy a SP site using the DFFS app? I do always get the error it is not possible to copy (save as template) due to the DFFS app.

thanks.
      Christoph

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You cannot save it as a template if you use the APP, but if you remove the APP (removing the APP will not affect lists with DFFS already installed) and set up the local installer like described here, you can save it as a template.

PS: If you save it as a template for use in the same site collection, you should set up DFFS to point to the SPJS library in the root of the site collection. If not, add the SPJS library to the current site (default location, no changes needed).

Alexander

thanks for the update. I will try this way.

if I setup DFFS to point to the SPJS library in the root of the site collection, do I not need to install the app?.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

The APP is not needed if you already have set up DFFS in all lists, just remove it.

If you however need to ba able to install or change DFFS in the lists, use the local installer as it is more up to date than the APP.

Alexander

Hi,

I am now running into the issue that I cannot delete the APP anymore. I get an error “Sorry, we couldn’t remove the app. Click to retry.”

any help on this?

thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry, but I haven’t seen this before. Have you tried to do a Google search to see if you can get any hints?

Are you on SharePoint online or on premises?

Alexander

HI Alexander,

we are on sharepoint online, not on premises.

yes, i tried already to find anything in this regards on google but mainly solutions for on premises and nothing for sharepoint online.

I am happy for any advice :).

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m sorry, but I haven’t had this problem before. If you are tenant administrator and can use powershell you might be able to use this approach: http://lushpedia.blogspot.no/2016/08/how-to-remove-app-from-sharepoint.html

Look here for more info on powershell on SPO: https://technet.microsoft.com/nb-no/library/fp161362.aspx

Alexander

Hi,

I got it fixed. It had to do with the retention policy you can set. If a retention policy is active you cannot delete apps or sites (depending on the settings).

thanks.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.