Configuration issues

Forums JSLink Configuration issues

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      William Nevarez
      Participant

Alex,
      I have upgraded to the new JSLink(7/31/2015 version) and am experiencing a few rather strange issues. I have attached images of the issues listed below.

1. When I access the form it is not loading with the dynamics present until I refresh the page a few times.
      2. There is no name listed in the Editing section of the DFFS backend page. When the rules are created and saved, it is saved with the name “undefined”.
      3. After the dynamics are created and saved, whenever the DFFS backend page is accessed no dynamic information such as rules, tabs, etc. are found; however, if I view the properties of the “undefined” record in the SPJA-DynamicFormsForSharePoint list the rules are listed.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!
      William

Attachments:
      William Nevarez
      Participant

Alex,
      Another issue was brought to my attention when someone attempted to access the same form I mentioned above. The following error message was received regarding the “SPJS-vLookup.js” plugin failing to load; however, when I go into the plugins folder of the DFFS I do not see plugins using that naming convention, I see the backend/frontend names. Please see attached.

Thank you again for all of your work developing these tools for all of us to use!

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

I suspect this loading problem is related to the “Minimal download strategy” setting described below. When it comes to the plugin name, this is a bit confusing, but its referring to either “SPJS-vLooup_frontend.js” or “SPJS-vLookup_backend.js” – depending on what part you are loading.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      It seems this is a problem with the “Minimal download strategy” setting (if you look at the URL you have “/_layouts/15/start.aspx#” in front of the list name.

I have made an effort to try to support this setting, but it looks like it is not working as expected.

To fix this you must turn off this under “Site Settings” > “Manage site features” > “Minimal Download Strategy”.

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

William Nevarez
      Participant

Thank you Alex.
      I did deactivate the “Minimal Download Strategy” feature and the “/_layouts/15/start.aspx#” has been removed from the front of the list name; however, the DFFS settings are not saving properly. When I set up the Tabs it will work in the form, but when I go back into the DFFS settings the backend form does not have any of the previously saved settings and the configuration in the SPJS Configuration List still has the item listed as “undefined”.

Are there any particular screenshots I can provide to help determine the cause of the issues I am facing?

Wil

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Can you post the URL of the form you are entering the backend from, and the URL from the backend when this is loaded?

You can change the domain name to “contoso.com” if you like.

Alexander

William Nevarez
      Participant
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

There must be some kind of error in my mechanism for identifying the page id. Open the developer console, select the “Console” tab, and paste this in the “Console input” textarea at the bottom:

var a = location.href.toLowerCase();
      console.log("a:"+a);
      var b = unescape(location.href.toLowerCase().replace("_layouts/15/start.aspx#/",""));
      console.log("b:"+b);
      var c = unescape(location.href.toLowerCase().replace("_layouts/15/start.aspx#/","").split("?")[0]);
      console.log("c:"+c);
      var d = _spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl.toLowerCase();
      console.log("d:"+d);
      var e = unescape(location.href.toLowerCase().replace("_layouts/15/start.aspx#/","").split("?")[0].split(_spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl.toLowerCase())[1]);
      console.log("e:"+e);
      var f = decodeURI(unescape(location.href.toLowerCase().replace("_layouts/15/start.aspx#/","").split("?")[0].split(_spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl.toLowerCase())[1]));
      console.log("f:"+f);

If you are using IE, you must press the little “play” button to the right to execute the code.

Paste the output here (change domain name).

Alexander

William Nevarez
      Participant

Alex,
      Thank you for all of your help on this!

Here is the output…

>> var a = location.href.toLowerCase();
      console.log(“a:”+a);
      var b = unescape(location.href.toLowerCase().replace(“_layouts/15/start.aspx#/”,””));
      console.log(“b:”+b);
      var c = unescape(location.href.toLowerCase().replace(“_layouts/15/start.aspx#/”,””).split(“?”)[0]);
      console.log(“c:”+c);
      var d = _spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl.toLowerCase();
      console.log(“d:”+d);
      var e = unescape(location.href.toLowerCase().replace(“_layouts/15/start.aspx#/”,””).split(“?”)[0].split(_spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl.toLowerCase())[1]);
      console.log(“e:”+e);
      var f = decodeURI(unescape(location.href.toLowerCase().replace(“_layouts/15/start.aspx#/”,””).split(“?”)[0].split(_spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl.toLowerCase())[1]));
      console.log(“f:”+f);
      a:https://CONTOSO.sharepoint.com/teams/business%20effectiveness/lists/casewise%20training%20survey/newform.aspx
      b:https://CONTOSO.sharepoint.com/teams/business effectiveness/lists/casewise training survey/newform.aspx
      c:https://CONTOSO.sharepoint.com/teams/business effectiveness/lists/casewise training survey/newform.aspx
      d:https://CONTOSO.sharepoint.com/teams/business effectiveness
      e:undefined
      f:undefined

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have finally recreated this bug, and have released a patch to the v4.306 version of DFFS frontend.

Can you please test this one and let me know if the issue is resolved?

You find the updated file here.

Thank you for your patience,
      Alexander

William Nevarez
      Participant

Thank you for all of your help on this!
      Silly simple question…As Im using the JSLink product, which patch file do I replace in the DFFS folder structure of the SPJS document library?? =\

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delay – I’m in Norway, and I guess we have some time difference.

You replace the file “DFFS_Frontend_min.js” in the folder “/SPJS/DFFS/js” with the one from the linked zip-file.

Alexander

William Nevarez
      Participant

Hi Alex,
      I have loaded the patch file and am experiencing a long delay in loading the form, and am unable to launch the dynamics backend page. Sounds like this may be related to the same issue mentioned in the other JSLink comment.
      I am at a loss as to what I am supposed to do to make the product work, and cannot express how much I appreciate all of your help on getting this to work for us.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry about this. Something funny must have happened when I minified the file. I tested and got the same error as you, but then I redid the minification without changing the source file, and now it behaves properly in my setup.

Can you download it and test this again?

PS: I have now zipped only the DFFS_Frontend_min.js file and not the full “package”.

Alexander

William Nevarez
      Participant

Thank you Alex!!!!!
      So far so good. I am able to see the DFFS link to the backend and the dynamics seem to be saving properly. I will work on building out the rules and such over this weekend, but wanted to thank you and share my extreme gratitude for all of your help and attention on this. I am working on getting approval for licensing and the attention you have provided will greatly help me push the Director approvals I need along through the process. =]

If I experience any issues over the weekend I will document and reach back out to you. Have a great weekend!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
      Alexander

William Nevarez
      Participant

hey Alexander,
      Sorry for the delay in my response, Ive been pulled to other projects lately…so I had a chance to get back to the DFFS and the vLookup appears to be working, but I do have a functionality question. When you choose to prefill the child form from the parent form, are you able to prefill dropdown columns on the child?
      I am currently using cascading in both the fields for the parent and child, so Im wondering if that is the reason I cannot prefill these fields.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      This should work, but it might be a timing issue where the cascading dropdown is created before the value is set using vLookup.

First ensure you have the latest version of SPJS-casc.js

Then activate the “Write debug information to the top of the page” setting in the cascading dropdown config.

Now you should see the “Single line of text” field below the dropdown – does this have the correct value?

Alexander

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.