Color Code Row

Forums General discussion Color Code Row

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Iain Munro
      Participant

Hi There

It has been an extremely long time since I have posted or done any work in SharePoint – but it is like riding a bike, but how things have changed. Resources that I used to use – gone, but glad to see this is still up and running.

I am looking for a good way to color code a row – I may have to go back to my notes from years ago.

I am using the new SharePoint design, but am doing most modifications in the Classic version, so may end up having to add in work CEWPs etc. with code, but wanted to see if there are more modern ways to do it.

Any tips or pointers would be appreciated as I get back into the swing of things.

Iain

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Are you looking to color code a row in the form or in the list view?

The modern view can be modified using this method: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/format-a-column-to-change-how-it-looks-6ed2f787-0e9e-4908-b861-0d06571c256d

Alexander

Iain Munro
      Participant

Hi Alexander

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was more looking for the row in the list view.

I found lots more articles on the JSON List Formatting, so this has helped.

I have have it working – just applying the JSON to the the column for each row is a such a timesaver over doing it the old CEWP route.

I am assuming that sine I can still get to the classic view, I can still apply a web part to the view if I need to.

Iain

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.