Clicking a tab multiple times stretches header

Forums Classic DFFS Clicking a tab multiple times stretches header

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

Weirdest thing I started noticing when I clicked on a tab a bunch of time was it caused the line below the tabs and the headers to continuously stretch. I thought maybe it was my css so I commented it all out along with my JS and it was still doing it. I even removed html above the tabs but no luck.

Anyone ever seen that before or know a good fix for it?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I haven’t heard this before – what version of DFFS are you running?

Does it do this for all tabs, or only one specific tab?

Alexander

Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

It’s version DFFS v4.4.5.24.

I’m only seeing it occur on one tab and it’s also the only tab with auto-complete fields (2 in total). The auto-complete fields are not wrapped in a document ready function.

Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

It’s version DFFS v4.4.5.24.

I’m only seeing it occur on one tab and it’s also the only tab with auto-complete fields (2 in total). The auto-complete fields are not wrapped in a document ready function.

Oh I’m also noticing too that {author} usage puts 2 commas in the name such as Smith,, John. I used JS replace to fix it on load.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

I’m not able to recreate the stretching of the header – can you show me a few screenshots of your form? – remove any sensitive information from the screenshots.

Regarding the {author} value: Do you use it in a rule to set a field to the author name? – if so, what kind of field are you setting the value in and does the author name contain any commas?

Alexander

Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

I’m away from my computer this week, but I found what’s triggering it. I have an auto complete field (single value) that populates 4 additional text fields. Removing all 5 fields or collapsing the section stops it from stretching. When I add the autocomplete field back it’s also fine. If I add back 2 or more of the text fields that auto populate from the autocomplete choice the stretch problem returns.

The {author} issue with the “,,” is in HTML I added above the tabs similar to the following:

<div class=“tableDiv”>
        <table class=“tableDetails”>
         <tr>
          <td><span class=“styleFont”>Created By: </span>{author}</td>
         </tr>
        </table>
       </div>

Hopefully that helps and I can try and send some screenshots when I get back.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

I’m not able to recreate the problem with the {author) – does the display name of the author have commas in it?

Alexander

Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

Quick update – had a team member test for me…
      It still occurs when there is one auto populates read-only text field on the same SBS index or SBS index below the autocomplete field but it does not happen when text field is not put in any SBS index.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Thanks for the update – I need to see a screenshot of your setup to be able to do a test – using sbs and readonly fields most likely have something to do with it, but I need to have the exact same setup to try to recreate it.

Alexander

Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

I managed to replicate the stretch issue on my personal SharePoint site due to the sensitive nature of my work’s site. I mocked up a similar layout and structure of the worksite using dummy data. Notice image 1 (in Edit Form) this is the normal layout. If I click the Request Tab again it stretches the form/headers (image 2). If I keep clicking it multiple times notice how the form/header continues to stretch (image 3).

I also tried to replicate the {author} issue I was having above the tab section however my personal site uses first last name format as opposed to Last, first name. In the users name I looked up, from work, they didn’t have any commas originally in their name except for what exists in the “Last Name, First Name” format used.

Let me know if you need anymore info and/or have any questions.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Thanks, I have found the problem and will include a fix for both issues in the next version.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.