Charts Dashboard

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint Charts Dashboard

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Grant
      Participant

Hi,
      Just tried out the dashboard script and all seemed to have gone well but when I view the selected dashboard I just get the Title and the two parallel lines with the title underneath, if I go to the SPJSChartDashboards list the HTML looks OK.

I’ve also taken a screengrab of the console view, this is the same in IE or Chrome.
      html code

<table cellpadding='0' cellspacing='10' style='width:100%;'><tr><td colspan='1' valign='top'></td><td colspan='1' valign='top'></td></tr><tr><td colspan='1' valign='top'>Sample Chart</td><td colspan='1' valign='top'></td></tr></table>
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Phil Grant. Reason: typo
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Phil Grant.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      The two lines is actually a “spinner” (created from a div tag with rounded corners), but it is created in CSS and unfortunately it doesn’t work in IE 8 (or in IE 8 mode in IE 11 when using SP 2007 or 2010).

What version of SPJS Charts are you running? – the error message makes me think you may have an older version of SPJS Charts where the function “init_man” doesn’t exist.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

I’ll check the version of charts tomorrow and let you know but isn’t it the same as the spinner in DFFS that works fine.

Phil Grant
      Participant

SPJS Charts version is v6.1.5.5 with jQuery v1.12.4.

I’ll update it to the latest.

Thanks,
      Phil

Phil Grant
      Participant

Updating SPJS did the trick, the edit page looks great but the view page seems to have some strange chart widths, they are not as the edit view, I’ve modified the chart widths individually in the options to get it to look right.

Great script, thanks.

Phil Grant
      Participant

One thing I’ve noticed is that the width of the charts is inconsistent when in display mode but looks right when in the edit mode, altering the chart dimensions help but seems to be reset the next time it’s viewed.
      Screenshots attached

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I think this has to do with not using width of all charts in the dashboard, but you can modify the file “DashboardSelectorAndBuilder.html” to have the columns with fixed width like the attached screenshot shows.

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

OK thanks, I’ll give it a try on Monday when I’m back in work.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.