Cascading dropdown values not triggering when "Set Value" DFFS Rule used

Forums Cascading dropdowns Cascading dropdown values not triggering when "Set Value" DFFS Rule used

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Carl E Tippins
      Participant

I recently upgraded to the current version of DFFS. The SPJS-Casc 3.7.0 version was updated to the 3.7.9 version.
      I have been using the “set field value” in DFFS rules to grab the {currentUser}, and to get responses from one cascade and use them as the initial value on another cascade.
      This has worked well on previous versions, but now the set field value isn’t triggering the cascade field sequence, the dropdown remains blank. However, if I click on the dropdown, the set value appears as the only available value in the dropdown. (I have the “Autofill subsequent dropdowns when they contain only one valid option” selected.) Cascades where no value has been set by a DFFS rule work fine.
      When I replaced the 3.7.9 version of the SPJS-casc.js file with the 3.7.0 version, the cascade process started working again.
      For some reason cascading dropdown values are not being recognized when the value is set in a DFFS rule.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I suspect this has to do with a change made to have the custom js load before other code – like cascading dropdowns. This change was done to fix some other issues – for example when using custom js to fill a html section in a tab.

Are you using the cascading dropdown tab in DFFS config, or do you have the cascading dropdown config in the custom js textarea?

Alexander

Carl E Tippins
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      I’m using the cascading dropdown tab.

Carl

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply. I tried to recreate this, but haven’t been successful.

Could you give me some more details about how your cascades are set up so I can understand the {currentUser} value and the output from one cascade that goes as input to another?

Alexander

Carl E Tippins
      Participant

It’s a bit complicated, but here we go…
      We wanted to use a cascading dropdown to populate field values from a list. We needed to limit the selection available to managers in the US. So, we created a list (Managers) with the managers profile names, IDs and hierarchy structure. The Managers list contains unique values.
      When the New Form is opened, the manager dropdown defaults to the currentUser (permissions are set so only people on the Managers list have access to the New Form). A rule copies the currentUser to a manager_text field and “Cascade_1” uses the manager_text field to populate the field values AND a “manager2” field (used in another cascade).
      Cascade_1 is where I’m having the issue described previously where the manager name appears in the first drop-down box, but the subsequent dropdowns do not autofill (the Autofill option is checked) and only display a blank. If I click the dropdown I see the (one) option available to select. Once I select all the subsequent options, the other cascade works.
      As stated previously, if I replace the current SPJS_casc.js file with the previous version, it works.
      Let me know if you need anything else.

Carl

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I think I have found the reason for this error. I had duplicated some functionality to fill cascaded dropdowns both in SPJS-utility.js and in DFFS_frontend.js. Now that I had changed a bit on the load order of custom js, rules and cascading dropdowns this made it fail if you set the value with a rule.

I have stripped away some code from DFFS and will post a new version – hopefully later tonight so you can test it.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.