Cascade Plugin plus Required field…

Forums Cascading dropdowns Cascade Plugin plus Required field…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      BenR
      Participant

Alexander,

I have a two-level cascade in a DFFS form – very simple. The top level is a Required field, set as a rule. I have double checked for correct internal names, etc.

Symptom: If I turn on the Cascade Hide the dropdowns when they have no available options flag, the top-level field disappears from screen. If I turn the Required field option off, the top-level field does display, but disappears the moment that a selection is made when there is no value for tier-2 (no available options).

Can you advise how to troubleshoot further?

R’grds – Ben.
      Reference:
      Dynamic Forms for SharePoint v4.4.3.64 – March 13, 2019|CSS version: 4.46 / 4.46|spjs-utility version: 1.332|SPJS Cascading dropdowns v3.7.25
      Cascade config: cascadingDropdowns”:[{“note”:”LOB to SubLOB cascade”,”list”:”Organization”,”baseUrl”:”{currentsite}”,”from”:[“Title”,”SubLOB”],”to”:[“LOB”,”SubLOB”],”dVal”:”- Select – “,”filter”:””,”hide”:false,”autofill”:true,”clearInvalid”:true,”selectSBS”:false,”debug”:false}]
      Cascade debug:
      [SPJS Cascading dropdowns v3.7.25] :: DEBUG
      Function called with these arguments:
      lookupList:Organization
      lookupListBaseUrl:/sites/spptdgsl/TransactionPipeline
      lookupListFields:Title,SubLOB,Id
      thisListFields:LOB,SubLOB
      dropDownDefaultvalue:- Select –
      filter:
      hideEmptyDropdowns:false
      autoselectSingleOption:true
      clearInvalidSelection:true
      sideBySide:false
      debug:true
      dataSourceId:Organization
      numberOfDropdowns:3
      Populating this field
      LOB
      Number of items returned

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not able to recreate it – could it be that you have another rule that actually does the hiding of the field?

Alexander

BenR
        Participant

Alexander,

If I disable all rules, the top-level field is displayed… Then –

1. If I select a top-level value that has an associated level-2 value, top-level is still displayed.
        2. If I select a top-level value that does not have an associated level-2 value (this is the no available options case) the top-level field disappears.

R’grds – Ben.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure I follow – does it work if you disable all rules?

Alexander

BenR
      Participant

Alexander,

I’ve continued to troubleshoot… First, an answer to your last question: If all Rules are disabled, does it work – No.

Continuing to troubleshoot, I’ve disabled one DFFS feature at a time, and have found a repeatable symptom – When the Cascading fields are placed on a row with other fields using SBS, the results become very unpredictable when Hide the dropdowns when they have no available options is turned on.

The symptom is that the top-tier cascade field will not display (though a screen refresh may bring it back), the second-tier will not display.

I kept SBS on, but moved the two tiers onto separate rows without any other fields, and the Cascade functions all worked perfectly.

When I returned to my preferred layout, where top-tier, second-tier, and another non-Cascade field align on a single row, the symptom returned.

In the attached screencaps, the fields LOB and SubLOB are Cascading.

As always, your support and efforts are greatly appreciated!

Reference:
      Dynamic Forms for SharePoint v4.4.3.64 – March 13, 2019|CSS version: 4.46 / 4.46|spjs-utility version: 1.332|SPJS Cascading dropdowns v3.7.25

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the detailed description of how to recreate it. I have attempted a fix in the attached version. Please test it by unzipping and replacing the version you have in /SPJS/DFFS/plugins. You must also clear the browser cache and ensure it lists as v3.7.26 when you hover over the “Enhanced with DFFS” link and click “License and version info”.

Alexander

BenR
      Participant

Alexander,

I’ve followed your instructions, and returned the CASC/SBS configuration to my preferred layout – success! Nicely done!

As always, your support and efforts are greatly appreciated!

R’grds – BenR.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by BenR.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks – I’m glad it worked out. I’ll include this fix in the next release.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.