Can’t have multiple cascades with same GUID

Forums Cascading dropdowns Can’t have multiple cascades with same GUID

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bloodlvst
      Participant

I have a form that I’ve used for a while and I have multiple cascading dropdowns, and they pull from one of two lists for the source.

I recent updated from a several years-old version, to the current version, and I’m now having a problem.

Let’s say my form has a bunch of different cascading dropdowns. There are 3 “groups” of dropdowns which reference List #1, and another 3 “groups” that reference List #2.

Only the first group from List #1 and List #2 work. The rest of them do not show anything. If I debug one of the others, I get this error:

*** Please note that this debug panel cannot determin if the fieldname: "Field4" in the lookup list is correct.

*** If you are not getting the options you expected, verify the FieldInternalName: "Field4" in the lookup list: "SourceList2"

I’ve double and triple checked everything, but still no clue what’s going on… any ideas?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you show me a screehshot of the config from the first two “groups” for your “List #1” so I can take a look at it?

Not sure if you have checked out this already, but look at the “dataSource” option here: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-plugins/spjs-cascading-dropdowns/#Invoke_the_function_manually

Alexander

Bloodlvst
      Participant

Thanks Alex, I’ll give that a shot and let you know how it goes. If I still have trouble I’ll include some screenshots.

Bloodlvst
      Participant

Hi Alex,

So by calling

spjs.casc.init

several times, I was able to fix it on one list. But for giggles, I wouldn’t mind seeing if there’s a bug using the normal configuration on the backend, since I’d like to avoid having to maintain the functions (I don’t trust my users to not mess up the code haha!)

Here’s another list, where I’ve configured the dropdowns. Only the first rule actually works, other one shows a blank dropdown. If I change the second rule to use a different list, it will then work. So it seems like the issue is that the standard method doesn’t like it you try create different sets of dropdowns that use the same source list?

Hopefully the screenshots help you understand what I mean better! 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Bloodlvst.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I have somehow lost the check that was supposed to catch this scenario in one of the later updates to the cascading dropdown solution.

The reason for the empty dropdowns on the additional instances of SPJS Casc from the same datasrouce is that the first instance must contain the fields for all the instances for that same source list in the “Comma separated list of fields in the lookup list”.

I’ll include instructions for this in the next release, but in the meantime you can fix it by adding all the fields from both your instances in the “Comma separated list of fields in the lookup list” on the first instance. Leave the second configuration as is.

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.