Calculated and Associated fields disappear from Fields tab

Forums Classic DFFS Calculated and Associated fields disappear from Fields tab

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      MikeS
      Participant

This issue keeps recurring. DFFS will list calculated and associated lookup fields under Fields on initial load. I add these to various tabs. They show up in the forms. The next day I open DFFS back end and see the bright red bars indicating that these fields are missing from my tabs (and the Fields tab). See Attachment 1.

In order to get these fields back I must reinitialize all three forms: click red bars, save form, exit DFFS. Re-enter DFFS and add back the fields that are once again found under the Fields tab.

Using latest DFFS (4.4.3.57).

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This sounds strange. Does the Fields tab list these fields?

I’m thinking maybe you have to many fields of one type so the script that pulls in all available fields might not manage to get all fields when querying the list (there are some limitations / throttling in SP). Can you show me a complete list of all fields (with field type) in your list?

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

Attachment 2 lists all fields. Note that Cal_123 (calculated field) and ProdPhaseName:LRIP (associated lookup field) are shown and are part of my Tabs.

Attachment 3 is taken after I exited the DFFS backend. Closed the browser and re-opened. Now these two fields are missing from the Fields tab and I get the red warnings.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Are you using a large number of lookup columns and calculated columns?

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

No, the screenshots above are the total number of columns. One lookup field and one calculated field.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m not able to figure this out – can you answer these questions?

1. Which list type is it? (custom list, tasks etc.)
      2. Is this a field created in this list, or is it a site column?
      3. Is there anything else special with this list?

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

This is a custom list. All fields were created in this list. Nothing special.

I have numerous other lists (all custom lists, no site columns) in which I experience this same problem. This is just a simple custom list that I set up.

SP 2013 treats calculated columns and lookup columns different than plain text. Any relation to this? Why would it work and then not work?

If I ignore the red warnings about missing fields the forms continue to display the calculated and lookup associated field columns and the forms function as needed. However, once I make mods to the forms in the DFFS backend I must reinitialize to ensure the fields reappear and I must reinsert the fields in the right Tabs. A recurring nuisance at this point.

Are you unable to recreate?

Mike

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Unfortunately I cannot recreate it. Do you use the “Enhanced with DFFS” link in the form to enter setup?

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

No, I always use a bookmark to enter the DFFS backend directly:

/SPJS/DFFS/DFFS.aspx

and then I select the list form in which I want to work. Should I select the edit form before the display form? It seems I must reinitialize the edit form before the display form will once again list the display form only fields, i.e., calculated and associated lookup fields.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I think this must be the cause. Try using the link in the form to check if this fixed it. If it does, please attach the code you use in your dffs.aspx page so I can look at it.

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

Yes, using the link at the bottom of the Display form to access the DFFS backend does not result in the missing field issue.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, do you use the file DFFS_DirectToBackend.html found in the latest DFFS package in your DFFS.aspx page?

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

This is the path in the DFFS Web part installed on the DFFS.aspx page.

/SPJS/DFFS/installer/Installer_CEWP_code.html

DFFS Installer v1.1.0.6 – August 02, 2018

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by MikeS.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, if you use the file located in /SPJS/DFFS/DFFS_DirectToBackend.html from this package you have the latest one (no changes made to this in later versions). I did try using this to access the config for a list, but unfortunately cannot recreate it.

Can you explain how you change the form config from EditForm to DispForm when you have opened the first forms from the DFFS.aspx page – you are using the buttons in the top left corner to change, and not editing the URL of the page right?

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

I use the top left buttons.

The URLs are different when initially accessing the Display form as shown here:

URL comparisons:
      Directly accessing DFFS.aspx via this URL results in Display form missing fields (red bar warnings)

https://[SITENAME]/dispform.aspx?GoToBackend=1&backend=1&targetList={7c8a9215-cff8-4176-b93d-1b9c656b6f91}&targetListBaseUrl=/sites/[SITENAME]&formId=/lists/[LISTNAME]/dispform.aspx&formType=1&saveLastGood=1&Source=https://[SITENAMEandLISTNAME]/dispform.aspx

The URL after accessing the DFFS backend from link at bottom of Display form (no missing fields or red warnings):

https://[SITENAME]/DispForm.aspx?ID=1270&backend=1&targetList={7c8a9215-cff8-4176-b93d-1b9c656b6f91}&targetListBaseUrl=/[SITENAME]&formId=/lists/[LISTNAME]/dispform.aspx&formType=2&saveLastGood=1&Source=https://[SITENAMEandLISTNAME]/DispForm.aspx?ID=1270

Should I use a different link to access DFFS.aspx directly?

Should I replace
      /SPJS/DFFS/installer/Installer_CEWP_code.html
      with
      SPJS/DFFS/DFFS_DirectToBackend.html
      in the DFFS.aspx page web part?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification, I found the bug and have fixed it in the new release: https://spjsblog.com/2018/11/10/dffs-package-updated-to-v4-4-3-58/

Alexander

MikeS
      Participant

Great job Alexander. No more missing fields when accessing the DFFS.aspx page directly.

Thanks
      Mike

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.