Caculated files

Forums General discussion Caculated files

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Silvestre Kassoka
      Participant

Hi Alex,

I have a calculated field which is calculated using a custom JS on the new form. However when i try to lookup this value in Email notifications the value is coming out as zero.What could be the problem ? Can calculated fields not be looked up?

If so , how can i lookup this field.

Regards

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Not sure what you mean – are you calculating using the “Basic calculations” in the rule and writing the value to a single line of text field, or is it actually a calculated field?

Alexander

Silvestre Kassoka
      Participant

Alex, Sorry i did not articulate myself well.What i actually I mean is to lookup value
      derived through Basic calculations that writes to a single line.

I have a form with which has a rule that does a Basic calculation of a total value and what i want is to lookup this value in e-mail notifications. I have tried it but apparently the value is coming up as 0.

Hence the questions, is it not possible to lookup values made through basic calculations? If so how can i lookup this values in e-mail notifications.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If the calculated value is written to the single line of text before the email is triggered it should work. What is the calculation triggering on and when is the email sent?

Alexander

Silvestre Kassoka
      Participant

Hi Alex,

I think that’s the problem the values on gets displayed on the form however when i save the form and go to the list item the i see no value corresponding to that column.I have attached the file that shows the JS code doing the calculations.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

This code can only be used in NewForm or EditForm, and to let the form actually save your calculated value you must write it to the actual input in the form. This means you must change this line:

jQuery("#dffs_h4hm .ms-formbody").html(total);

to this:

jQuery("#dffs_h4hm input").val(total).hide().after(val);

This will write the value in the input (text field) to let SP save it when the form is saved and then hide the input so users cannot edit it, and finally add the value again to make it visible to the user.

Alexander

Silvestre Kassoka
      Participant

Hi Alex,

Thanks the code actually work to insert the total value to the single line of text for the subsequent lookup the forms.However the value is no longer being displayed on the form. Actually the system throw an error , see annex.

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry, it should be “total” and not “val” – just change it in the code like this:

jQuery("#dffs_h4hm input").val(total).hide().after(total);

Alexander

Silvestre Kassoka
      Participant

Hi Alex,

Sorry i missed that bit.

As always thanks a lot , its working exactly as i intended!!!

Regards

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.