Buttons on top

Forums General discussion Buttons on top

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      HYM
      Participant

Hi alex, someone asked you before how to set buttons on top of the page floating on right of the page same row with the form title can you please share me the url of this topic i am not finding it.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m unfortunately not sure what you mean – just add a custom button side-by-side with the title field?

I made a change in v4.4.4.11 to support using HTML sections in a side-by-side config: https://spjsblog.com/dffs/dffs-change-log/#DFFS_v44411

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

I need to set the buttons over the tabs not side by side with the title field.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You can add a custom button over the form like this from Custom JS:

jQuery("#tabWrapper").before("<div style='text-align:right;'><input type='button' onclick='clickMyBtnFunction()' value='Click me'></div>");

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

okay, thank you so adding the button before the tabWrapper is the best option. If we need to add the cancel button also on top which function should we use onclick ?

HYM
      Participant

what i am tryin to achieve here alex is to add 3 buttons net to each other on top (submit,draft,cancel) and also i need to add the next and previous tab buttons on top.
      so now in this way the buttons will be under each other i need to use append/prepend and not .before.

HYM
      Participant

Alex i fixed it don’t waste your time on this thread

#listFormToolBarTop{
          display:block !important;
      }
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out – I didn’t realize it was the save and cancel button you were referring to.

Alexander

HYM
      Participant

Actually I’m hiding the save button and creating my own buttons save as draft and submit but since I am adding them to the same section with the cancel button at the bottom of the page they will be visible also on top.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked out – if possible, please post your code here so others can see how you do it.

Alexander

HYM
      Participant
      '<td class="ms-separator">&nbsp;</td><td class="ms-toolbar" noWrap=""><input id="custom_button" class="ms-ButtonHeightWidth" name="custom_button" type="button" value="Approve" onclick="custom_button();"/></td><td class="ms-separator">&nbsp;</td>'

and for css to show on top:

#listFormToolBarTop{
          display:block !important;
      }
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.