Bugs-Heading and Rules Affected

Forums General discussion Bugs-Heading and Rules Affected

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tricia S.
      Participant

Hi Alexander,
      I’m checking out the current version (DFFS v4.4.4.25) and I’m having a few issues with how my heading and rules are being processed now.

1. After switching tabs all Side by side heading vanish. non SBS heading seem unaffected
      2. Hidden SBS fields are taking up space on the form where they didn’t before
      3. Rules Hiding/Showing only work properly on a fresh page load. Sometime just the heading shows, sometime just the field box

The switching tabs with rules that do Hide/Show for SBS items has always giving me an issue until I used sbs_heading_FIN in the rule. Now switching tabs seems to make all SBS headings disappear which is even odder.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I did change the code to set a field readonly in v4.4.4.24, and must have missed something related to side-by-side. Is is only side-by-side fields you have trouble with?

I’m sorry for the inconvenience and will try to fix this as soon as I can manage. In the meantime you must downgrade to v4.4.4.23 to fix this – you find this version here.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have confirmed the bug, but just wanted to ensure you know that you can use the default field label above the field so you don’t need to create a heading and insert it over each field. Just select “Label position: Top” in the SBS settings for that field.

Alexander

Tricia S.
      Participant

Thanks Alexander!

I tend not to use the the real Field labels because I don’t uses spaces and special characters to avoid the _x0020 in my FIN, but my users want the labels to be readable.

I know I could name them and then rename them but Switching between the display name and FIN is just a pain. and can change depending on what you are in. I’d rather just do pretty in the front UI and business in the back.

Noticed in the CSS file the cursor is still set to default for read only, but I couldn’t find where the blue box for read only was coming from. Idk If this is more efficient or not, but before the toggle was added we did:

input:disabled + .slider {
        cursor:not-allowed;
      }
      input:disabled + .slider:before {
        cursor:not-allowed;
      }

and then instead of readonly I did

document.getElementById("Related_ac2e01da-5fc4-4818-9ee1-a3cafbf03a51_$BooleanField").disabled = true;

They like that it showed the toggle but was very clear you couldn’t click on it. Not something I’m expecting in an update just wanted to put it out there in case it was helpful.

My users love the toggle so thanks for adding!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I see. I have located and fixed the side-by-side heading issue and will try to get it published tomorrow. I’m not sure this was introduced in this latest release though – maybe it has been there for some time. What was the version you updated from?

I recommend using the “readonly” action in the rules to make fields readonly and not actually setting them to disabled. I’m not sure if this is still a problem, but in earlier versions of SP a disabled field would be cleared when you saved the item.

I’ll look into adding a similar toggle to represent the readonly boolean checkbox and not falling back to the checkbox Unicode icon.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have posted a new version that should fix the SBS-Heading issue. Please check it out and let me know how it works out.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.