Bug Report for release dated 2019-01-12

Forums Classic DFFS Bug Report for release dated 2019-01-12

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keith Hudson
      Participant

Alex, we discovered that if the Title field of an item contains an apostrophe, the Display Form is blank. Removing the apostrophe in the title causes the Display form to render correcetly. This appears to be a bug.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I did a quick test and could not reproduce it. Do you have any custom code or rules triggering on the Title field?

Do you see any errors in the developer console (hit F12 > Console) when you reload the DispForm with the dev tools open?

Alexander

Keith Hudson
      Participant

Alex; I didn’t respond earlier because the site owner elected to simply change the titles of the offending items, so no follow-up was needed. I have another site owner using a different version of DFFS (4.4.4.22, released 2020-02-02) experiencing the same problem. The DFFS display form will not render for items with an apostrophe in the title.

When I examine the Console after loading the page, I’m seeing a number of errors. Whether they are caused by DFFS or by something else running in our environment I do not yet know. The two likely culprits are
      1. a function called “SafeRunFunction” that is undefined (the apostrophe breaks an js statement inside a function called BuildBreadCrumb – probably not yours)
      2. _spPageContextInfo is undefined inside a javascript function immediately following

<!– DFFS CEWP Loader – February 02, 2020 –>

I’m attaching a screenshot of the Console errors, and of the code referenced by the second error.

In this case, there are currently 22 items on the list with apostrophes in their titles, and it appears it may be an ongoing challenge since titles contain words like “Don’t”, “Wasn’t”, etc.

If the underlying problem is a bug in SharePoint, not your code, we could perhaps create a workflow that removes any apostrophes from titles on list items.

Keith Hudson
      Participant

P.S. In case it matters, the list is using the Item content type.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m unfortunately not able to recreate this problem.

Are there any third party code in this page (or the masterpage) other than DFFS?

The first error – referring to a missing ) – might be the start of the problems, but the ‘_spPageContextInfo’ is undefined message makes me wonder if some custom code has been added to the masterpage and is run before the _spPageContextInfo object has been created by the internal SP code.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.