Bug in lookup if the lookup value contains a hyphen

Forums Modern DFFS Bug in lookup if the lookup value contains a hyphen

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Marcus Khoo
      Participant

I create List A and add a column “Entity”. I add list items and enter a string value into the “Entity” column that contains a hyphen (e.g. “Solar-Planet” or “Solar-Star”)

I create List B and add a Lookup colum “Entity” that looks up List A and Column Entity.

I create a DFFS New and Edit form for List B.

I create a new list item in List B. It creates OK
      I EDIT the list item in List B and the displayed value of the lookup has removed all the characters before the hyphen. (for example if I selected “Solar-Planet” it now only shows the lookup string “Planet”. If I SAVE this form then it corrupts the lookup.

/Marcus

Marcus Khoo
      Participant

Just tried it with a comma and a space and I get the same effect.

Marcus Khoo
      Participant

BTW I am using Edge

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I set up a test based on your description, but cannot reproduce it. Can you add some screenshots of the config, the lookup list and the error – if any in the dev tools (F12 > Console).

If you don’t want to add the screenshots here you can email them to me.

Alexander

Marcus Khoo
      Participant

I have emailed you some screenshots and done some more investigation.

The lookup only seems to work correclty if you configure the lookup column to retrieve the “Title” column in the lookup list.

Any other column seems to produce the error occurs (e.g. the attached screenshot will produce the error)

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification – I’ll get this fixed and release a new version tomorrow.

Alexander

Marcus Khoo
      Participant

Just tried the new release and it works – but only if there is ONE lookup field on the form.

If you have TWO lookup columns with EACH lookup configured for the same source list and field then you get another error:

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

I’m not able to reproduce this error. Are you using any filters on these lookups or are they just plain lookup fields?

Alexander

Marcus Khoo
      Participant

They are standard lookups, no filters, no custom code etc. Strange thing is that it does show the correct value in the choice field but also throws a red error:

Marcus Khoo
      Participant

If I change the lookup to look up “Title” there is no error

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

OK, I’ll do some more testing and try to figure it out during the weekend.

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I think I found the cause, but need you to confirm: I think this was caused by a bug in my code that did not take into account that the value in the field could be null (empty).

Can you confirm that the value in the field you are using for your lookup was empty for one or more of the items in the lookup list?

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have released a new version that should fix the remaining problem with the “cannot read properties of null” error.

Let me know how it works out.

Alexander

Marcus Khoo
      Participant

1.0.10.0 has fixed it.
      Well done Alexander

Kennelly Celeste
      Participant

I’m having this error too, running an earlier version. I can’t find instructions for upgrading to the most recent version for Modern DFFS – how does it work?

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

You just drag and drop the new version into the app catalog – replacing the old version.

Alexander

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.