Autocomplete only works on new child form

Forums Autocomplete Autocomplete only works on new child form

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

I can’t seem to figure this out but I have an autocomplete that kicks off on a child form (vLookup). It’s using the rest filter and filtering based on a field populated to it via another child list but shares the same autogenerated ID as the parent list. For some reason, the autocomplete works perfectly when editing a child item. On new form, however, no data returns. Both edit and new are using the exact same ac setup.

Not sure it’s doing that or do I need to do the set up different between new and edit form.

Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

My apologies, in the title it should have said “Only works on Edit form”

Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

Oh, I think I see why, it’s based on when the child form loads. I’m using vLookupPresetFromURLDone(fin) but it’s almost like it needs to literally wait until everything has loaded to capture. I have it on dff_ready and that doesn’t seem to work either.

I’m not sure if there is another onLoad option.

Jonathan Stamper
      Participant

I figured it out…

• I had some old AC code in my Custom JS section of the child forms. I’m using external js files now, with the ac inside a function, so it was conflicting
      • Once I removed the old Custom JS, the AC on the New child form worked correctly calling the ac function in vLookupPresetFromURLDone
      • Finally, the edit form stopped working with AC until I called it in dffs_ready within an if statement using spjs.dffs.data.isEditForm

Glad I got that working as that was causing some headaches haha.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.