Alternating row style and pring

Forums vLooup for SharePoint Alternating row style and pring

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Alex,

I want to print rows from the vLookup Table in alternating style. It works to show the rows in alternating style with jQuery in the form itself, but when I want to print the tab, the style is not printed out with.

Do you have a suggestion on how to set the css for the vLookup to alternating by default ? Maybe the dynamic setting with jQuery is the problem here.

Thank you very much in advance,
      BR,
      Chris

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      You should be able to color alternating rows by adding this to the Custom CSS:

.vLookupTableRow:nth-child(even){
          background-color:#eaeaea;
      }

I’m working on an improved print functionality for the tabs so you might want to take a look at it and combine it with the above CSS snippet: https://spjsblog.com/forums/topic/page-breaks-when-printing-form/#post-23315

Please note that its only tested in Google Chrome and I’m working on getting it running in other browsers.

Alexander

Phil Grant
        Participant

Just to let you know that with IE and sharepoint 2010 this CSS doesn’t seem to work for me.

I’m not looking at printing though, I just want alternate colours in the display form.

Regards,
        Phil

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Phil Grant.
        Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

The :nth-child selector does not work in IE 8 (SP 2010 forces IE11 into IE8 mode). You can add this to your Custom JS to fix it (change vLookupTasks to match your vLookup column InternalName):

function vLookupIsLoadedCallback(fin){
            if(fin === "vLookupTasks"){
            	jQuery(".vLookupTableRow:even").css("background-color","#eaeaea");
            }
        }

Alexander

Phil Grant
        Participant

Thanks it worked a treat.

We were supposed to got to Sharepoint 2016 last August but it keeps getting delayed, hopefully now next month ….. I won’t hold my breath.

Cheers,
        Phil

Hi Alexander,

Thank you very much, that worked like a charm.

BR,
      Chris

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.