Advice For Most Efficient SBS Page as a Checklist

Forums Modern DFFS Advice For Most Efficient SBS Page as a Checklist

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jordan
      Participant

I need to set up a checklist of sorts with 4 columns of instructional text that vary on each line and then 5 columns of actual selections. There will be at least 50 rows.
      Example (pipes represent columns):
      Question|Action Required|Guidance|Responsible|Comments (multiple lines)|Selection 1(dd)|Selection 2 (dd)|Date (date)|Who (people selector)

I have tried doing the first rows as an HTML field making individual 4×1 tables followed by the 5 fields but that doesn’t look right when I display it since the HTML appears as one ‘field).

Could it should be a matter of adjusting the CSS? OR, is there another approach you would suggest?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you add a screenshot or two of what you have configured and how it looks in the form so I can look at it?

Alexander

Jordan
      Participant

Thank you for replying but I decided to go a different route as I made the instructional columns tooltip text instead. This allowed me to skip using the HTML elements in the rows except for my ‘header’ row. I set the widths of the field types I am using in the CSS so that there is a consistent look down the form regardless of the values user put in.

I am happy to submit another post but the only remaining question I have is how can I apply banded rows to the table since each row already has a class, sbjs_formtableTR?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If I understand correctly you want to style alternating rows – the jQuery code to do that is like this:

jQuery(".add_classname_here:odd").css("background-color","green");

Alexander

Jordan
      Participant

I ended up going this route:
      tr.sbs_OuterTR:nth-child(even) {
      background-color:#f2f2f2;}
      tr.sbs_OuterTR:nth-child(odd) {
      background-color:#ffffff;}

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.