Adding "Save and Stay on Page" button in Edit form?

Forums Classic DFFS Adding "Save and Stay on Page" button in Edit form?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keith Hudson
      Participant

Is it possible to add a button in the edit form that will commit changes in the form to the SharePoint list, but post back to the edit form? I’ve tried putting in a header with

<input type=”button” value="Submit” name="btnSave" onclick="javascript: {ddwrt:GenFireServerEvent(‘__commit’)}” />

and several similar variations, but it seems that because the code is inside DFFS instead of on the native page, it doesn’t get transformed into the proper postback event on page rendering. Is there a quick and easy way to do this?

Keith Hudson
      Participant

I ran across this blog which gave me the headstart I needed: https://adrianhenke.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/custom-redirect-after-creating-a-new-sharepoint-item/

The code I added to the JS Section of the Misc tab in the DFFS config of my Edit form is as follows:

//this function renames the Save button to “Save and Stay on Page” and causes the save button to return to the same edit form it came from.

$(document).ready(function() {
      var button = $(“input[id$=SaveItem]”);
      button.attr(“value”,”Save and Stay on Page”);
      // change redirection behavior
      button.removeAttr(“onclick”);
      button.click(function() {
      var elementName = $(this).attr(“name”);
      var aspForm = $(“form[id=aspnetForm]”);
      var oldPostbackUrl = aspForm.get(0).action;
      var newPostbackUrl = oldPostbackUrl + “&Source=” +oldPostbackUrl;
      if (!PreSaveItem()) return false;
      WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new WebForm_PostBackOptions(elementName, “”, true, “”, newPostbackUrl, false, true));
      });
      }); //end ready function

Keith Hudson
      Participant

I discovered that the approach I just posted saves SOME fields and not others, so its back to the drawing board.

Claudia Costa
      Participant

Hi,
      I would really like this feature to be available ins the DFFS.
      Hope it will be implemented! Looking forward.
      Thanks
      Claudia Costa

Keith Hudson
      Participant

I succeeded in changing the onclick event of the Save button to save the record then post back to the edit form, BUT it seems that SharePoint 2013 handles multi-line text fields in some unusual way, because edits made to those fields did not get saved. Anyone attempting to add Save and Stay on Page functionality needs to test thoroughly that all fields are getting saved correctly before putting their solution into production.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.