$().SPServices() is not a function.

Home Forums Classic DFFS $().SPServices() is not a function.

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,
      I am using DFFS for a SharePoint Online list. I have CustomJS that pulls data from another SharePoint List(Staff Master List). I am getting $().SPServices is not a function .

I have added the JQuery Reference on Site Assets & also referenced them on the text area above the CustomJS.
      Seems like JQuery is not getting loaded, but not sure how to resolve.

function setDemoValues()
      {

var PreferredName = "";
          $.each(spjs.utility.getFieldValue({"fin":"Employee_x0020_Name","key":"loginName"}),function(i,login){
          var userProfile = spjs.utility.userProfile(login);
          PreferredName = userProfile.PreferredName;
          setFieldValue('Title', PreferredName);
          });

var query = "<Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='Name' /><Value Type='User'>" +PreferredName + "</Value></Eq></Where></Query>";
          var camlViewFields = "<ViewFields><FieldRef Name='Reports_x0020_To'/><FieldRef Name='Department'/><FieldRef Name='Position'/><FieldRef Name='Job_x0020_Title'/></ViewFields>";

$().SPServices({
              operation: "GetListItems",
              async: false,
              webURL: "http://xxxx/yyyyyyyy", 
              listName: "Staff Master List", 
              CAMLViewFields: camlViewFields, 
              CAMLQuery:query, 
              completefunc: function(xData, Status) 
              {
          		$(xData.responseXML).SPFilterNode("z:row").each(function() {

if ($(this).attr("ows_Reports_x0020_To"))
          		    {
          		        TeamLeadr_str = $(this).attr("ows_Reports_x0020_To").split(';#')[1];
          		        setFieldValue('Reports_x0020_To',TeamLeadr_str);
          		    }
          		    if ($(this).attr("ows_Department"))
          		    {
          		        setFieldValue('Department', $(this).attr("ows_Department"));
          		    }
          		    if ($(this).attr("ows_Position"))
          		    {
          		        setFieldValue('Position', $(this).attr("ows_Position"));
          		    }
          		    if ($(this).attr("ows_Job_x0020_Title"))
          		    {
          		        setFieldValue('Position_x0020_Level', $(this).attr("ows_Job_x0020_Title"));
          		    } });
               }
            });
      }

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
        SPServices is not part of DFFS. If you want to use it you must load it in the textarea above Custom JS.

You don’t need to use it either as DFFS has built in support for getting list items – see this thread for example code: https://spjsblog.com/forums/topic/query-update-delete-an-item-in-javascript/

Alexander

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

I forgot to mention that jQuery is automatically loaded with DFFS so you must not load it again – that can cause problems.

Alexander

Please correct me if I’m wrong. Now I can remove the JQuery Reference, is what you mean ?

Alexander Bautz
            Keymaster

I referred to jQuery as the jQuery JavaScript library and not jQuery.SPServices so your setup should be OK.

I guess that the $ namespace (alias for jQuery) used in the SPServices library for some reason is not populated when jQuery is loaded. I have seen that SharePoint or other third party code uses the same namespace.

You can try adding something like this in the top of your Custom JS to fix it:
              $ = jQuery;
              I still recommend using the built in spjs.utility functionality linked in my previous answer instead of SPServices.

Alexander

I have added $ = jQuery; on to of Custom JS. Still facing the same issue as below.
              Also I have tried using QueryItems from SPJS.Utility, then I am getting errors at the View Fields, as my requirement is to retrieve many columns of a different SharePoint List. Shall Share the error soon now,

Alexander Bautz
            Keymaster

If you can show me the code you have written using spjs.utility I’ll help you get the syntax correct.

Alexander

Hi Alex,
              Sorry for the delayed reply. I have tried using the SPJS.Utility method as suggested by you and getting the below error at ViewFields. When I try to read the items from a sample list (DFFS_TestList) the same code works like a charm. Is there any item limit for CamlViewfields.

Below is the code :
              var query = “<Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name=’Name’ /><Value Type=’User’>” +PreferredName + “</Value></Eq></Where></Query>”;
              var camlViewFields = “<ViewFields><FieldRef Name=’Reports_x0020_To’/><FieldRef Name=’Department’/><FieldRef Name=’Position’/><FieldRef Name=’Job_x0020_Title’/><FieldRef Name=’Hire_x0020_Date’/><FieldRef Name=’Perm_x0020_Date’/><FieldRef Name=’Status’/><FieldRef Name=’ADP_x0020_File_x0020__x0023_’/><FieldRef Name=’Location’/><FieldRef Name=’Company’/><FieldRef Name=’ADP_x0020_File_x0020__x0023_’/><FieldRef Name=’Sprout_x0020_Employee_x0020_ID’/></ViewFields>”;
              var TeamLeadr_str = “”;
              debugger;
              spjs.utility.queryItems({
              “listName”: “Staff Master List”, // List display name or GUID
              “listBaseUrl”:”http://team/TraditionalQA&#8221;,
              “query”: query,
              “viewFields”: camlViewFields
              });

Attachments:
                Alexander Bautz
                Keymaster

This function is supposed to be used like this:

var PreferredName = "your_variable_input";
                  var query = "<Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='Name' /><Value Type='User'>" + PreferredName + "</Value></Eq></Where>";
                  var camlViewFields = ["Reports_x0020_To", "Department", "Position", "Job_x0020_Title", "Hire_x0020_Date", "Perm_x0020_Date", "Status", "ADP_x0020_File_x0020__x0023_", "Location", "Company", "ADP_x0020_File_x0020__x0023_", "Sprout_x0020_Employee_x0020_ID"];
                  var TeamLeadr_str = "";
                  var res = spjs.utility.queryItems({
                      "listName": "Staff Master List", // List display name or GUID
                      "listBaseUrl": "/sites/site_name",
                      "query": query,
                      "viewFields": camlViewFields
                  });
                  if(res.count > 0){
                      console.log(res.items);
                  }else{
                      console.log("no items found");
                  }

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Fixed code snippet
                  • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Alexander Bautz. Reason: Fixed code snippet

Hi Again,
                While using the above code, on the TestList, I am getting the below error. Where get list items is success, but the control executes the error block.

Attachments:
                  Alexander Bautz
                  Keymaster

I have fixed the error in the code (I mixed up the format of the returned data).

Alexander

Thanks , this worked. Just a last check, When the Query list resides on SharePoint 2016 On-Prem, this solution fails, is that a limitation? For any SharePoint Online list, I am able to get the values.

Alexander Bautz
                  Keymaster

Not sure, what kind of error are you getting?

Alexander

No specific error, but just that the res.items is 0, whereas the res.items has a count with SharePoint Online Lists.

Also, the Query doesn’t seems to work, as in the res.items.Count is getting me the entire list item count, instead it should be 1.

Here’s the screenshot

Attachments:
                    Alexander Bautz
                    Keymaster

When using spjs.utility.queryItems you are only supposed to use <Where>…</Where> in the query part – not <Query><Where>…</Where></Query>

Alexander

Thanks, Worked.!!!

Alexander Bautz
                        Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback – I’m glad you got it up and running.

Alexander

Viewing 10 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.