Schedule email to be sent on later date

Home Forums Modern DFFS Schedule email to be sent on later date

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Amal Vellappillil
      Participant

Hi Alex,

How do you schedule an email to be sent on a later date? I couldn’t find any information around this topic.

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

There is unfortunately no such feature in the Modern DFFS because emails are sent using the built in REST API.

In the Classic DFFS you had the option to do this by writing the email to a custom list where a SharePoint Designer Workflow triggered and paused the sending until the date was reached.

The way you would do this in SharePoint Online is to set up a Power Automate FLOW directly on that list that runs once a day and sends emails on items where the due date is reached.

Alexander

Amal Vellappillil
          Participant

So does that mean I would need to have a field that holds the date that the email needs to be sent on as well? Also I wouldnt have access to the variables in customJS as well?

Amal Vellappillil
            Participant

Any possibility of providing an example of how to set it up and achieve similar results to the schedule email feature in Classic DFFS?

Alexander Bautz
              Keymaster

Hi,
                I don’t have an example, but found this that basically explains how to set it up: https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/277676/trigger-email-when-task-due-date-equals-today

Regarding the variables in Custom JS: Those would not be accessible so you would have to write whatever data you want to use in the email to a field in your list item and then pick it up in the FLOW email step. You could create a multiline plain text field and write the email BODY as as HTML string in the field and use that as body in the email.

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.