Modern DFFS not loading for some users- ‘listBaseTemplate’

Home Forums Modern DFFS Modern DFFS not loading for some users- ‘listBaseTemplate’

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      AdamP
      Participant

Hi Alexander

I’ve just seen your update about v1.0.67.0 which I’ll upgrade to ASAP, but currently we’re on v1.0.66.0 and experiencing issues with Modern DFFS not loading for a significant proportion of users (identical permissions and desktop setup), likely since the Microsoft changes around 4th September.

I can’t see anything yet that gives a clue as to the difference between those it works for and those it doesn’t, but the users in each camp are consistent.

The list view is embedded into a SharePoint page, and I’m still trying to determine if it’s the same behaviour when accessing the list directly (difficult because it works as expected everywhere for me).
        For users where Modern DFFS fails, the item link is clicked on, and instead of the (DFFS) dialog box popping out, a new tab opens with the non-DFFS item url in, showing the default SharePoint form (see attached for url format).
        In the console there is a DFFS-command-set error that appears at the point the list item title is clicked (see attached).

Any ideas on what might be the cause and any possible fixes? Looking at the page source it looks like the listBaseTemplate might be 119 – wiki page library, and 100 for the list customised with Modern DFFS. The strange part is that it works normally for some users and not at all for others.

Thanks

Adam

Alexander Bautz
        Keymaster

Hi,
          I was able to get the same error when having a list in a web part in a modern sitepage. I’ll look into it and try to figure it out.

Alexander

Wayne Thompson
          Participant

Hi Alexander

I upgraded to v1.0.67.0 and experiencing issues with Modern DFFS in the standard list view not loading for a significant proportion of users (identical permissions and desktop setup).

I also can’t see anything yet that gives a clue as to the difference between those it works for and those it doesn’t, but as in the previous user’s case, the users in each camp are consistent.

The list view is NOT embedded into a SharePoint page.

In other words, I get this behavior when accessing the list directly (and as in the previous user’s experience, it works as expected everywhere for me).

For users where Modern DFFS fails, DFFS is not loaded in the page on the list view menu, therefore when the item link is clicked on, and instead of the (DFFS) dialog box popping out, a new tab opens with the non-DFFS item url in, showing the default SharePoint form.

Similar to the other user’s post is that it works normally for some users and not at all for others.

Thanks
            Wayne

Alexander Bautz
            Keymaster

Which browser are they using and do you see any errors in the developer tools? (F12 > Console).

Does it work if the user does a “hard refresh” using Ctrl + Shift + r (or clear the cache in the browser settings)?

I’m working on a fix for the issue AdamP reported above, but if you can give me any more details it might help identifying what the error is.

Alexander

Wayne Thompson
                Participant

Hi Alexander! 🙂

It is difficult to walk the users through getting me results via the developer tools (F12>Console) who are receiving errors, but I will try to get some results soon.

I have seen cases via screen share where I see the users incur the errors with Chrome and/or Edge.

It does work if the user does a “hard refresh” using Ctrl + Shift + r (and/or clear the cache in the browser settings).

Thanks again,
                  Wayne

Alexander Bautz
                Keymaster

@AdamP I have published a new version that hopefully fixes the issue – can you try it out and let me know how it works out?

Alexander

AdamP
                  Participant

That’s great, thank you. I’ll install it and give it a try but I probably won’t get much feedback from users until later in the week.
                    Was it caused by the Microsoft changes to lists? Do you know why it affected some users but not others?

Alexander Bautz
                      Keymaster

I’m not really sure what caused it, but if it has worked fine earlier I assume it must be related to a change by Microsoft.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.