Manually set the location of the configuration list

Forums Classic DFFS Manually set the location of the configuration list

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      James Green
      Participant

Hi, I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere (I did try searching!) but I am having problems setting a central location for management of form configurations. I am using a template to create multiple sub-sites but I want the configuration to point back to the original template site.

I followed the instructions and added the following in the DFFS_loader.html file (using SP2016):

var dffs_configListBaseUrl = “/PMTemplate”;

but the new sub-sites still do not follow the configuration on the original site.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for your help,

James

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      Ensure you actually refer to the loader file you have made the changes in. You can hit F12 to bring up the console (if you open the form in a modal dialog you must right click and select Inspect to ensure the console is attached to the correct window).

Then type in the name of the variable dffs_configListBaseUrl and hit enter. If it show as undefined you must ensure you have changed the correct file (is the SPJS/DFFS folder in the root of the site collection or in the subsite).

Alexander

James Green
        Participant

Alexander,

Thanks for your help. I had changed the correct file but the location was incorrect. I couldn’t just reference the subsite (/PMTemplate); I needed to use “/sites/XXX/PMTemplate”

James

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked out.

Alexander

James Green
        Participant

Alexander,

Thanks again for your help. I have another related question; the template seems to work correctly for everything except the vLookup columns. When I create a new site from the template it loses the connection to the other list and I need to set it up again. Is there a way to work with the vLookup feature and templates?

Thanks,

James

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply – your email was “lost” in my inbox.

I forgot to point it out, but you must also change the base url used in the vLookup setup – and – look here for an explanation: https://spjsblog.com/vlookup-for-sharepoint/vlookup-user-manual/#Change_the_location_of_the_configuration_list

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.