Hide save item button

Forums Classic DFFS Hide save item button

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      dinfante
      Participant

In my rule, The “Hide save item button” doesn’t work on Form load. It only works when a field change happens despite what I set the “Validate on” to.

My rule is setup like this:

If this trigger “Submit to Billing” is equal to “Yes” Validate on “Form load”

The “Submit to Billing” is a drop down field with choices of Yes and No.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I did a quick test on the current BETA (where the trigger handling has been reworked) and it looks like it works as expected.

I’m planning to release the prod version next week, and I hope you can test it to see if the rule works in this release.

Alexander

dinfante
      Participant

Hey Alexander,

I got the DFFS v4.350 up and running but I’m still seeing the same issue.
      It hides it initially on the first tab but when I click on the next tab(or any tab actually) it makes it visible.

dinfante
      Participant

I noticed though the hide edit button works just fine on the Display Form. I can iterate though each tab and it stays hidden.

Hide edit item button “Checked”

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I have digged a bit more and have now fixed it. I’ll post an update during the weekend.

Thanks for you patience.

Alexander

dinfante
      Participant

Thank you so much!!! 😀

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Can you test to see if the new version fixes your problem?

Alexander

dinfante
      Participant

Hey Alexander,

Thanks for getting back to me.
      The hide save button on the edit form still doesn’t work. Before I updated the new code it used to be hidden on the first tab on form load (until you click another tab).
      Now it’s not hidden at all.

The hide edit button on the display form still works perfectly though.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m unfortunately not able to reproduce this behavior using the new version. Are you sure you don’ have another rule kicking in and unhiding it somewhere else in your rules?

Alexander

dinfante
      Participant

Ah, I had another rule making some fields Read Only that was interfering with it.

If this trigger “The form is ready” “no operator”
      Read-only fields “Phone” “Contact”

dinfante
      Participant

I got it working with a modified rule. Thanks so much! This function helps with a major business requirement.

dinfante
      Participant

If I wanted to hide the vlookup “Edit item link” buttons based on a rule what would I put in the “Hidden headings or elements area”. I already figured out how to hide the “add new item” link for the vlookup.

Thanks,

David

Attachments:
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Currently this is not possible as the “button” does not have an ID attribute. I will fix this during the weekend in an updated version of DFFS and vLookup.

Alexander

dinfante
      Participant

Hey Alexander, I just downloaded the newest DFFS version this morning. I don’t see an id associated with the vlookup “Edit item link”. Were you able to get to it?

Thanks,

David

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If I understood you right, this is addressed – see change log:

“Hidden headings or elements”: You can use a classname to identify the item you want to hide. See help icon for details. Here is an example of hiding the View or Edit button for a vLookup column named “vLookupTasks”:

// View button
      .vLookupViewBtn_vLookupTasks
      // Edit button
      .vLookupEditBtn_vLookupTasks

Alexander

dinfante
      Participant

Thank you so much!!! it works perfectly (I owe you more beers) Sorry I was trying to find it in the DOM using F12 on explorer and wasn’t finding the label for some reason. Also was not putting the period before .vLookupViewBtn_vLookupYardHoursTimeCards (in my case)

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad it worked out.

Alexander

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.