Reply To: Rules issues introduced DFFS_v4.4.4.26_2020-03-17…

Forums Classic DFFS Rules issues introduced DFFS_v4.4.4.26_2020-03-17… Reply To: Rules issues introduced DFFS_v4.4.4.26_2020-03-17…

BenR
Participant

Alexander,

My testing of Rules in v4.4.4.27 shows that Rules are working as expected in reference to setting the red asterisk for mandatory fields.

However, the issue with Cascade persists, with a slightly different symptom. To recap the previous symptom:

Cascade: I have a Cascade of LOB to SubLOB. In v26, the first time one particular LOB is selected (last on list), the SubLOB field label is displayed, but the drop-down field is not displayed. If I then select another LOB, the SubLOB drop-down field is displayed correctly, and if I return to the LOB that had previously failed to display – it now displays correctly. The symptom (no display of SubLOB) occurs only on first pass.

In v.4.4.4.27, the SubLOB field label NOR the SubLOB drop-down field itself is displayed the first time this particular LOB is selected. I’ve tried a number of troubleshooting steps without success (yeah – some are silly):

• Changed the spelling of LOB so it is not at the end of the list – unsuccessful
  • Deleted a number of LOB records in source list – unsuccessful
  • Moved the Cascade source list to local ({currentsite} instead of /sites/blah-blah/listname) – unsuccessful
  • Removed flags e.g: hide empty dropdowns – unsuccessful
  • Removed rules on fields in Cascade – unsuccessful
  • Removed side-by-side positioning of fields – unsuccessful
  • Removed the default field value (“-select-“) – unsuccessful

Unfortunately, I have very little to relate to you in reference to this symptom – I have no idea why this particular LOB is unique in displaying the symptom.

Observations I can add:

1. If I enter the form, and select the affected LOB, it does not display the SubLOB drop-down field. If I select another LOB (which may or may not have a SubLOB value) and then return to the affected LOB, it will display normally – this is all as described before. The new bit is that after I select the default (blank) selection, the problem LOB will ALWAYS fail to display the SubLOB drop-down menu.
  2. This symptom is only evident on the NewItem form, as LOB is a required field, and will always be populated when entering the EditItem form. Even if a SubLOB had not been selected when the item was saved, the SubLOB drop-down menu is displayed correctly.

Please let me know what troubleshooting I can do to better isolate the problem. I

R’grds – Ben.
Reference:
Version information
DFFS Loader: v2
DFFS frontend: 4.4.4.27 – March 21, 2020
DFFS frontend CSS: 4.57 / 4.57
Autocomplete: 1.6.47 – March 10, 2020
Cascading dropdowns: 3.7.36 – March 21, 2020
jQuery: 1.12.4
Lookup: 1.1.20 – March 10, 2020
Resource management: 2.4.5 – August 29, 2019
SPJS-Utility: 1.345 – March 17, 2020
vLookup: 2.2.148 – March 17, 2020

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by BenR.