Reply To: Rules: Set field value post 4.4.4.0 thru 4.4.4.2

Forums Classic DFFS Rules: Set field value post 4.4.4.0 thru 4.4.4.2 Reply To: Rules: Set field value post 4.4.4.0 thru 4.4.4.2

BenR
Participant

Alexander,

Your suggestion to investigate the Trigger Map led to more information…

What I noted: I have four Rules 1, 2, 3, & 4. Each rule triggers on Load and field change, and each rule is non-reversing.

• Rule 1 clears the value of CommodityType
  • Rule 3 sets the value of CommodityType

If Rule 3 is true, and the rules are fired in that order, I should find a value in CommodityType. My symptom is that Rule 3 is true, but I find no value in CommodityType.

Setting each of the rules to debug, I load a form and set the field that makes Rule 3 true. The attached images display debug Rule trigger order.

For 4.4.3.65, you see 8 rule triggers, 4 on load, 4 on change. Further, you see the order of 1,2,3,4 on load, and 1,2,3,4 on change.

For 4.4.4.4, you see 3 on load, 4 on change. Note the order of 2,3,4 on load, and 2,4,3,1 on change – this places Rule 3 (set value to CommodityType) before Rule 1 (clear value from CommodityType) – which matches my symptom.

From this, I believe the root cause is that Rule execution order in 4.4.4.4 is in error.

R’grds – Ben.