Thank you for taking the time to respond, it is much appreciated!
Yes, it seems like it should be that straight forward, however, I think you can see from the attached screen prints, that when I open the form, it doesn’t display the occurrence ID, it shows only the series ID. That’s why it is giving me a problem. I didn’t try the var yet, but I suspect it will return the same ID. I will give it a shot.
I am using this formula which correctly creates a link to a calendar item, however I keep getting the whole series ID:
What is frustrating is that if I open the form by default, SharePoint has a custom command to export that item to a file, so it will do it in the background, but I can’t seem to automate this. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.