v_Lookup "Prefill values in child" issue

Forums vLooup for SharePoint v_Lookup "Prefill values in child" issue

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Carl E Tippins
      Participant

We recently upgraded a couple of sites from v4.4.3.37 and v4.4.3.40 to v.4.4.3.47. After the upgrade we noticed that attempting to prefill a Choice field with the a year value in “From”, using the brackets as per the instructions, {2019}, the field would not display on the form. If I left “From” blank, the field would display, but the user would have to make a selection from the drop-down. We want to prefill the year value as we have 3 different vLookups to handle each specific year.
      This worked in the previous, in this case I believe it was v37. We had to install v47 in order to fix another issue, so we can’t really go back.
      Can you not pass a value to a Choice field anymore?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      I did a test and unfortunately I’m not able to recreate this issue – it works in my setup. I have published v4.4.3.48 a few days ago, but I don’t think it could affect this issue.

Could you attach a few screenshots of your vLookup config and the NewForm where the year field is located?

Alexander

Carl E Tippins
      Participant

Here is the vLookup configuration screen shots.
      vLookup-3 shows no prefill. This is how I currently have it set so users can create the new form.

Carl E Tippins
      Participant

Screen shots of the new form. One example with out the prefill, the other with the prefill.

Carl E Tippins
      Participant

Better new form with prefill. Didn’t notice I reversed the image.

AdamP
      Participant

If you save the child form does it retain the prefilled value in the year field?
      Your config has the tick box for hide field ticked…my understanding is that hides the field on the child form, so the value is prefilled, and can’t be changed by end users.
      If you untick it what happens?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Yes, you are correct about the functionality of the “Hide field” checkbox. In my test the value is saved even if the field is hidden.

Are you able to fill the year value in for example a single line of text column?

PS: You have an option 2019 in your Year field right? – it can only prefill valid options.

Alexander

Carl E Tippins
      Participant

Unchecking Hide did the trick, and it would let me change it to another year.
      When the field was still hidden, I had tested it and it did pass the year to the child list.
      I’ve really never used vLookup before, so this is all new to me. I had inherited this site from someone else and the former developer used a lot of features I had not used before. So it’s a good thing. And the forums have been very helpful!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you got it up and running.

Best regards,
      Alexander

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.