SPJS-CASC Filter Options

Forums Requests SPJS-CASC Filter Options

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Kasey
    Participant

Would you consider adding a “Filter Field” and “Filter Value” to the Cascading Drop downs plugin? This way you could use one list for multiple Cascading Drop Down configurations ore even use it to temporarily disable options by adding an Active flag field.

I emailed this to you but wanted to post it for your records.

Love the recent enhancements. Thank you for continuing to improve upon your already excellent solution.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

This is a good idea and I’ll try to get it done soon.

Best regards,
    Alexander

Ivan Wilson
    Participant

Is there any trick to apply more than one filter for a cascading dropdown, even if it needs to be done when the results have been returned?

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

I’m not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but if you need to change the dataset based on other fields in your list you can call the function manually as described here.

Alexander

Ivan Wilson
    Participant

Can you use multiple filter criteria when you call spjs.casc.init? I tried using the following syntax for the filter option, but the operation failed:

“filter”:[{“filterField”:”Title”,”filterValue”:”testing”,”operator”:”ne”},{“filterField”:”Country”,”filterValue”:”New Zealand”,”operator”:”eq”}]

Or is there another option for updating the results of this call?

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Sorry, but only one filter criteria can be used at the moment. Maybe you can create a calculated column in the list to filter on?

Alexander

Ivan Wilson
    Participant

Unfortunately I need to filter based on the properties of the current user, so I can’t implement as a calculated column.

I’m trying to use a Jquery statement to remove the option from the DOM, but I’m having problems figuring out where to place this. I’ve tried calling it from a rule that runs when the form is ready or initialized, but in both cases, it seems like the DOM hasn’t been populated with the cascading dropdown values yet. Any suggestions?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’ve added an option to use a CAML query. You find the file here. Replace the file in the “/SPJS/DFFS/plugins” folder and change your filter parameter to a CAML query.

Let me know how this works out.

Alexander

Ivan Wilson
    Participant

Thank you Alexander, that works perfectly.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback – I’m glad it worked out.

Alexander

Ivan Wilson
    Participant

Hi Alexander, I think there is an issue with the updated code if you use the standard filter criteria. The error appears in line 184 in the call to spjs.casc.init:

`var c, s, err = false, camlFilter = b.filter.charAt(0) === “<” ? true : false;

the b variable contains an object, which seems to fail on the b.filter.charAt(0) statement.

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Ah – forgot that the filter was an object when using it in Custom JS. I have updated the file to v3.7.13.

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.