SP Online Form Load Error

Forums Classic DFFS SP Online Form Load Error

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Alexander,

I’m using the newest version of DFFS (4.4.3.57) on a list in SP Online.
      In Chrome the form works like a charm, but in IE I get the error message shown in the Screenshot. (error1.png, error2.png)

When using the debugger in Chrome I get the notification that undefined.js could not be loaded – but only when using the debugger.

Do you have any idea what can be done here ?

Thank you very much in advance.

BR,
      Chris

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Ensure the function toggleCreateButton1 is defined in your Custom JS or in external js files you load above Custom JS.

Alexander

Keith Hudson
      Participant

If you have already made sure you have a function called toggleCreateButton1, try copying that function and pasting it into jshint.com to see if there is a syntax or typing error in the function that is causing it to break.

Hi,

Thank you for your input.
      As stated above, the function works correctly in Chrome, it does not work in Internet Explorer. It seems like there is a loading problem in IE that does not affect the Chrome Browser.

Do you have some other suggestions ?

Thank you very much in advance.

BR,
      Chris

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

It could be that your custom js has some typos / script errors that only IE stumbles on.

What you can do (after you have done what Keith recommended regarding JSHint.com) is to load the form and hit OK to close the error message, and then bring up the developer console and paste your entire Custom JS code in the console and hit Enter. This will most likely give you some more details about where the error is detected in the code.

Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Sorry for the late reply.
      I figured it out. The problem was that Internet Explorer doesn’t recognize the arrow operator in JavaScript and because of that created the error message. Chrome does recognize the operator and because of that it was working in Chrome.

I’ve modified the function and now it also works in Internet Explorer.

BR,
      Chris

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you figured it out.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.