Rules based on Content Type not working (WSS 3.0)

Forums Classic DFFS Rules based on Content Type not working (WSS 3.0)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jacek.bulwan
      Participant

Hi!
      I noticed that DFFS is not showing Content Type field on a list in Sharepoint 2007 (WSS 3.0).
      I have a custom list with multiple Content Types.

Issue is that my rules based on Content Type don’t work, so I tried to show this column to check if CT is ok, and here is the error I am getting:
      This field is not in the current content type: ContentTypeChoice

I checked in Sharepoint Manager 2007 that this column has internal name ContentType.

DFFS backend 4.305
      SPJS-utility 1.21
      CSS version: 4.02
      Sharepoint 2007 – WSS 3.0

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      In which form are you trying to use the ContentTypeChoice (the same columns, just named differently in DFFS)?

Alexander

jacek.bulwan
      Participant

Hi!

Good question šŸ˜‰ We were testing this on NewForm and that was where the error occured. On EditForm it works fine so I suppose it is “by Design” – this column is absent in default NewForm – am I right? šŸ˜‰

In this case if we need to hide some Tabs based on chosen CT probably custom JS script will be needed – i.e. geeting CTID from browser’s address bar and based on its value hiding some Tabs/other elements…

Do you have other idea to accomplish this (hiding DFFS Tabs based on CT)?

Thanks for a good question šŸ˜‰

Regards, Bullvan

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Yes, the column is not found in a default NewForm, but is selectable in DFFS backend. This calls for and easy misunderstanding.

You can use a trigger looking at the “ContentTypeId” in the query string of the URL – look at the trigger “URL Query string key equals” in the rules and create rules based on the various “ContentTypeId” strings.

Alexander

jacek.bulwan
      Participant

Hi!

Trigger on ‘URL Query string key equals’ works fine, thanks! How about DispForm? There’s no info about CTID in URL. We think to use EventReceiver to copy info about CT to some custom filed.
      Do you have other idea, how to take info about CT in Dispform in DFFS?

TIA
      Regards

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by jacek.bulwan.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You should be able to use this variable and the trigger “custom javascript function”:

spjs.dffs.beforeProperties.ContentTypeChoice

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.