Print style – none ?

Forums General discussion Print style – none ?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Joel Hjalmarsson
      Participant

Hi..

So I’m trying to print my form. I’m using chrome and if i do a ctrl+P i get the print popup and i can see the form formatted. However it just prints one page and my forms are scrolling and at least 3 pages. However if i use the DFFS print button and put it in the form it prints all the pages but I loose all styling and it looks awful. Any ideas as to make the form look the the same as it does online.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If you have the CSS style for your headings in the Custom CSS tab it should print, but you might have to expand More settings in the print dialog and select Background graphics.

You can add CSS that targets the printout in your Custom CSS like this (this example adds lines to the form):

@media print{
          .ms-formlabel{
              border-bottom:1px #adadad solid;
          }
          .ms-formbody{
              border-bottom:1px #adadad solid;
          }
      }

Alexander

Joel Hjalmarsson
      Participant

I have added that and even cleaned it back to basics and it doesn’t seem to stick at all the print css. I have added it into the Custom CSS tab and it just won’t take. Any ideas.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Do you have the “Background graphics” checkbox checked in the “More settings” in the print dialog?

Alexander

Joel Hjalmarsson
      Participant

I have tried with it and without. Its just strange as i have added other CSS styled to the form and that is picked up when displaying and working in a form. Its just when trying to print. Just doesn’t seem to grab the css. Have checked with chrome dev tool and tried different classes and still no go. I tried it in Edge also and still no change. Must be me

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

If you could show me some screenshots of your Custom CSS and other relevant info I can see if I find what is wrong. You can email it to me if you don’t want to publish it here.

Alexander

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.