ORG Charts strange behavior in IE11

Forums SPJS Charts for SharePoint ORG Charts strange behavior in IE11

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil Grant
      Participant

Hi,
      I have used the org chart successfully with SharePoint 2010 and IE11 but this latest one I’ve created seems to hang at “filtering”, it works fine in Chrome apart from the fact that I can’t edit the chart in chrome.

In IE11 When this happens I get a script error at line 1700 when using F12 debug.
      Screen grabs attached.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Phil Grant.
      Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

What kind of filter are you using on the org chart? What is it that’s not working in Chrome? – it should be 100% compatible.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

In IE I’m filtering on the first and second columns, IE will render the chart when I filter on one of the columns it but hangs when the filter is set to “all”.

It works in chrome but the edit buttons are greyed out for the Web page, probably not a chart issue.

Phil Grant
      Participant

The only other thing I can think is the contents of the columns contains German and may contain umlauts etc, this shouldn’t be a problem though .. should it?

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Could it be that the org chart is to big? IE havs trouble rendering large org charts due to restriction in the number of columns it can have in a table (yes, the org chart is drawn as a large table.

Alexander

Phil Grant
      Participant

Yes I suppose it could be the column count that stops it, there around 180 columns.

One strange thing I’ve noticed is that in Firefox and Chrome I get no right hand scroll bar when I view the org chart, there is a ghost of the scroll bar but no way to use it (Greyed out) the scroll bar appears as normal in IE11.

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

You can try setting the height of the chart in the “Options” tab to fit the maximum size of the org chart.

Alexander

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.