Multiline Text Box Empties on Edit

Forums Classic DFFS Multiline Text Box Empties on Edit

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      DerekH
      Participant

I ran into a weird issue with DFFS. It appears that while using DFFS to view a SharePoint 2013 list entry, I can see the text in a multiline text box without issue. But once I edit the record, the multiline text box loses all the prior text and is empty.

When I turn off DFFS, the problem goes away and returns when only using DFFS. I have multiline text field set to “Rich Text” (not enhanced rich text). I don’t have any other code running on the EditForm or DispForm other than DFFS.

When I changed the multiline text field to “Plain Text” I was able to see the comment field in place (working as it should).

Is there something that I’m doing wrong to cause the Rich Text field to delete all the previous values when the EditForm opens?

Using
      DFFS Frontend 4.4.2.7
      DFFS formatted CSS: 4.21 / 4.21
      Autocomplete: 1.4.14
      Cascading Dropdowns: 3.6.8
      jQuery: 1.12.4
      Lookup: 1.1.5
      Resource Management: not loaded
      SPJS-Utility: 1.272
      vLookup: 2.2.80

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

Hi,
      There is an incompatibility issue with the “Rich text” mode – change it to “Enhanced Rich Text” and you are good to go.

If this is a list type that doesn’t support the “Enhanced Rich Text” mode I’m afraid you must use “Plain text”.

Alexander

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.