Hide erros messages on DispForm

Forums Dynamic Forms for SharePoint Hide erros messages on DispForm

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Bautz 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

ultrator
    Participant

Hi
    On a list i have some fields wich get visible or hidden by a boolean value. Now i get erros, only on the dispform, if these fields are hidden. But i can live with that, i just want to hide the error message from dffs, is there a easy way to do that?
    see screenshot
    thanks
    ueli

Attachments:

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

I’m not sure I understand – how is it you have hidden these fields?

Alexander

ultrator
    Participant

Via 3-d party solutions for sharepoint, we can hide fields by custom expressions, they remove them via javascript, i think.
    the problem for dffs is, they arn’t there in the source, so dffs brings a error-message, all works correct, but i just want to hide these error-messages.

Good to know, it works on the editform. On the editform, the 3-d party solutions simply hide these fields in the code, so dffs finds it. No errors apearing.

Ueli

ultrator
    Participant

I builded a jquery solution, i tell you how it works:

Added this function to the custom js section in dffs:
    function hideError()
    {
    $( “div:contains(‘This field is not in the current content type’)”).not(“:has(div)”).css( “display”, “none” );
    }

then add it to the Tab config “click function name”

it works great. Thanks alexander for your dffs-solution, i love it, sorry my bad english.

Ueli

Alexander Bautz
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I’m glad you figured it out. I’ll add a class to this error message to make it easier to address in the next release.

Alexander

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.