Help. Default Display Page Stuck

Forums Classic DFFS Help. Default Display Page Stuck

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lana
      Participant

Hi,
      I was attempting to work with Related Lists on the Default Display Page for a list with DFFS installed on it.
      I installed more than one DFFS because I thought I could use them on the two related lists I had created.
      Now I cannot get into the page to edit the webparts to remove the problem, it is stuck on the Overlay loading screen.
      Anyone have any ideas?
      I have already tried removing the DFFS Setup Blobs for the whole list. no luck.
      Any help would be appreciated…
      Thanks!
      Lana

DCH
      Participant

I’ve had the same problem and did this:

1. add ‘?contents=1’ to the end of the page URL (without the quotes)
      2. delete the overlay webpart on the Web Part Page Maintenance screen that comes up

Lana
      Participant

Thanks for the quick response, but unfortunately, I also tried that before I requested help. That is not working either…it opens the Loading Please Wait….. from the Overlay and stays there.

Lana
      Participant

This is probably because I put multiple overlays on thinking I needed to for each list on the page…

I have a very smart co-worker. He had me open the problem list in Chrome, F12 for the developer tools, and then we were able to scroll to the right to get to the web part tools behind the Overlay Screen. The Standard for my workplace is IE8 so there was no way to scroll left or right in that browser.

Thank you for your time DCH. Greatly appreciated!

Alexander Bautz
      Keymaster

I’m glad you sorted it out. Unfortunately you cannot use DFFS with related lists. Have you considered using vLookup?

By the way, DCH most likely had the correct answer, but if you have the ID attribute in the URL you must prefix the “contents” with & like this:

.../DispForm.aspx?ID=2&contents=1

Alexander

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.